+ Reply to Thread
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar

How to restore to a previous iTunes backup?

I upgraded my wifes iphone to 3.0.
    Now she has no appoinments!

I am sure I did a backup or sync before I did it.

Is there a way I can restore the iphones calendar to a previous backup in itunes? These apointments were not in her OutLook.

I am not sure if one can extract certain info from a backup like that.. Worst case scenario, you could download version 2.2.1, revert back to that and reinstall the backup, sync to Outlook, and then re do the upgrade again. Hopefully it is nothing really important to need such work or someone will come along and have a better way of extracting info from a backup.. Good luck and keep us posted if you find a way. If I get a chance, I will try and find a helpful answer. This action is the perfect reason to talk your wife into a server with exchange!! The light at the end of the rainbow. I love my exchange server just for this reason, the wife can't screw up mine or her data and contacts, and I get to make sure everything is always backed up and secure.
    "Well if it isn't little Lisa Simpson, the answer to the question nobody asked!!!"

Mark, if you option-click (on a Mac) or shift-click (on a PC) the Restore button, you should be given an option to select a previous back-up to restore from. Have you tried that?
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I didn't think that you could restore between versions, only backups from the same version. At least if memory serves me that was the case when updating from 1.0 to 2.0 and the releases since then. I could be wrong though (wouldn't be the first time, and is the reason that I didn't suggest that as I didn't think it worked from version to version).
    "Well if it isn't little Lisa Simpson, the answer to the question nobody asked!!!"

Thanks guys.

I am giving up on this.
    My wife has cooled down.
    It was only calendar appointments.....

I am going to look into Mobile Me Family.

Thanks

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    Thanks guys.

I am giving up on this.
    My wife has cooled down.
    It was only calendar appointments.....

I am going to look into Mobile Me Family.

Thanks

Mark
    I did the family pack of Mobile Me when I bought our 3G iPhones. That way my wife can keep her stuff separate from mine. I don't remember the cost for a family pack, but I'm pretty sure it was a minimal increase from a single user Mobile Me account.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    I did the family pack of Mobile Me when I bought our 3G iPhones. That way my wife can keep her stuff separate from mine. I don't remember the cost for a family pack, but I'm pretty sure it was a minimal increase from a single user Mobile Me account.
    LOL.....

I was just looking into this.

Fam Pack is 149.00 with 5 e-mail accounts.

I think I will split this with my brother 75.00.

The trail version is forcing me to install Safari.....

How can I get the trail version without installing Safari?
    Are you using the Winows Controls Panel for Mobile Me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    LOL.....

I was just looking into this.

Fam Pack is 149.00 with 5 e-mail accounts.

I think I will split this with my brother 75.00.

The trail version is forcing me to install Safari.....

How can I get the trail version without installing Safari?
    Are you using the Winows Controls Panel for Mobile Me?
    I don't know how you can try out Mobile Me without Safari. Being a Mac user (at least at home), I've never had to try that.

I am using the Mobile Me control panel for Windows. It works quite nicely. Our discussion about syncing contacts is making me wonder whether I want try to sync from Exchange/Outlook to Mobile Me to my iPhone. What complicates matters is that I use a case management program (Amicus Attorney) to maintain all my contacts and appointments. AA syncs with Exchange so this just adds one more layer to the confusion.
    -Jay