+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar

Verizon to offer iPhone (new model)

I guess Verizon will be offering the iPhone early next year.

I cant wait as I have no bars at my house.
    I will be moving all three family lines back to Verizon!

Me too... Though I'll probably wait on my kid's account until his contract is up. He can have my wife's iPhone 4--he'll be happy.
    Jeremiah 29:11

I will anxiously follow the rollout and how it works. I was going to upgrade my daughters phones at Christmas as they are on 3G still, but think I may put an IOU in their stocking!

AT&T has been promising us 3G for nearly two years in NH and still none.

We've heard/seen these rumors before. I'm holding out for Apple's official announcement. That said, I sure won't be buying a new iPhone any time soon.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I saw this as part of a news line on FOX news........that’s right, I watch FOX news....fair and balanced.
    Last edited by Mark_A_K; 10-08-2010 at 06:29 PM.

"Fare" aye? not fair? heh he... come to think of it I think you may have it right!

I can't wait to see the feeding frenzy that will ensue with VZW releases the iPhone.. anyone notice that vzw has announced the tiered data pricing "BEFORE" the iPhone announcement?
    Mark
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 10-08-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Mark,

I haven’t been to the Verizon site in over two years. I will have to start visiting to see their pricing model. Also I hope they will have some kind of incentive to give people that change from AT&T.

Mark

I've got 4 iPhones on my plan with AT&T. I'm pretty sure 2 of those phones are out of contract. However, I know the other two phones (both iPhone 4s) are in contract. Thus, if VZW does get the iPhone soon, I'll either have to wait more than a year for the two iPhone 4 contracts to expire or, instead, pay two early termination fees. Either way, I won't be happy.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

All three of my phones have been out of contract for months now.
    I have no signal at home.
    I called AT&T to discuss the mini tower and I found out that it will use your broad band, use your minutes and if someone like a guest makes a call from your tower it also goes against your minutes!!!!!! All this becuse they cant provide a signal/service for me!

Can't wait to move back to Verizon then I can start to complain about them again....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    All three of my phones have been out of contract for months now.
    I have no signal at home.
    I called AT&T to discuss the mini tower and I found out that it will use your broad band, use your minutes and if someone like a guest makes a call from your tower it also goes against your minutes!!!!!! All this becuse they cant provide a signal/service for me!

Can't wait to move back to Verizon then I can start to complain about them again....lol.
    That's obscene! I can't believe AT&T charges you cell minutes for using your broadband (noncell) service, which you pay for separately. I have weak service at my house (drop a lot of calls, but not all of them) and was thinking of pursuing the micro-cell option but don't think I should have to pay for the micro-cell when it's AT&T's fault I don't have service. And, now I don't want to use my broadband and my minutes at the same time!
    -Jay

I'm skeptical of these recurring rumors. I'll wait for the official announcement from Apple before I get excited.

From a standpoint of better coverage, it would be nice. I don't miss Verizon's heavy handed control of the hardware, though, and I hope Apple doesnt allow them to disable features if they do get the iPhone.
    -Duncan

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion" - R. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    That's obscene! I can't believe AT&T charges you cell minutes for using your broadband (noncell) service, which you pay for separately. I have weak service at my house (drop a lot of calls, but not all of them) and was thinking of pursuing the micro-cell option but don't think I should have to pay for the micro-cell when it's AT&T's fault I don't have service. And, now I don't want to use my broadband and my minutes at the same time!
    I went bolistic on the first rep and the reps manager!
    I said the same thing you said.

1. you have to buy the micro-cell solution.
    2. you have to use your own band width.
    3. you use your minutes for you phone and family.
    4. If a guest comes over and makes a call with their phone it goes against your minutes.

WTF. I said are you serious?
    I told them that I will be leaving AT$T ASAP wehn Verizon gets the iPhone.

AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by dfkimbro View Post
    I'm skeptical of these recurring rumors. I'll wait for the official announcement from Apple before I get excited.

From a standpoint of better coverage, it would be nice. I don't miss Verizon's heavy handed control of the hardware, though, and I hope Apple doesnt allow them to disable features if they do get the iPhone.
    It is way beyond a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    It is way beyond a rumor.
    I don't agree Mark. Until Apple and Verizon announce it, it's still just another rumor.
    -Duncan

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion" - R. Heinlein

I don't agree Mark. Until Apple and Verizon announce it, it's still just another rumor.
    I agree with you, Duncan. But here's to wishful thinking....
    -Jay

I couldn't see steve jobs allowing verizon to "butcher" his phone for verizon use. However if the AT&T/apple contract is up then I guess verizon could purchase as many iPhones they would want and do whatever the he'll they want to with them??? I'm real curious to see myself although I'm waiting more for a 4g iPhone than a verizon iPhone.

I'm almost positive VzW will get the iPhone next year, possibly on LTE. Will do simultaneous voice/data. And I will be first in line....
    Jeremiah 29:11

Is voice/data an AT&T thing or an iPhone thing?

Quote Originally Posted by neb1373 View Post
    Is voice/data an AT&T thing or an iPhone thing?
    It's a function of the phone network technology. CDMA networks can't do it.
    -Duncan