+ Reply to Thread

iOS 5 and iPhone 4S

Jeez it's been quiet here. Okay, so anyone got iOS 5 stories? How about early adopters with the iPhone 4S?

I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 on Friday the 14th. I swore I was going to sit back and wait on the 4S. That didn't last, I found myself calling around to find one, finally came up with what I was looking for at a Best Buy an hour away.

So far I'm loving iOS 5 and the 4S. My family and I are enjoying mostly having the new iMessage available on our iPads. It is so cool to be messaging on the iPad with larger keyboard, yet still be able to respond and carry on the conversation on our iPhones.

Actually on Sunday I was watching the Patriots at my brother's house, AT&T has little to no coverage in his house since he put on a metal roof, but I was connected to his WiFi and still in contact through iMessage on my iPhone.

And Siri is the best!

So, just wanted to see if anyone is still around and into the new stuff yet.

Chip

I'm thinking that everyone is off playing with their new toys - even if they didn't upgrade devices, iOS 5 is awesome. I was waiting for what deemed to be the 4S since my wife's 3G battery started giving out. At first I was reluctant since iOS 5 was a pretty cool upgrade for the 4, but when I learned about Siri, I was hooked. I've been waiting for a good voice command app since I left WM 5 for the 3G years ago.

Have fun...I know I am......Tom
    It's working for me, there must not be anything wrong!

These forums really have gone silent!

I've had my 4S since the end of October and really like it compared to my old 3GS. It has gotten buggy a couple of times, and I had to do a Verizon software update (*22 to fix a bug with how contacts in the call list/text list were displayed, but other than that its been pretty good. The faster speed and better camera are nice. The best thing is that since I switched back to Verizon, I rarely drop calls and I can use the phone at my house. I haven't jailbroken it (not interested in tethered jailbreak). Since we bought a couple of MiFi's for the office, I haven't really needed to use PDANet to tether, which was the main reason my 3GS was jailbroken. iOS 5 is great. Siri is nice when it isnt having network server problems. Overall, I am pleased.
    -Duncan

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion" - R. Heinlein

It's been so long I guess I even missed the name change on the forums. I'm also still anxiously awaiting for an un-tethered JB. I miss having tethering, fortunately haven't traveled much lately, but I do miss having it to tether my iPad 2 when I'm out and about. Unfortunately the latest news sounds like they may be close with the iPhone 4 but not the 4S.

I did look into tethering plan with AT&T but what I gain for the extra $$ and lose by losing unlimited data plan just doesn't make sense to me.

I hade to switch to verizon because AT&T was in paperweight mode for me here in Michigan. Phone quality and dropped call rates are mucho better. Issue with IOS 5 is with my bluetooth headset. Seems the phone gets confused as to audio output and only lets the phone calls go through speaker mode. and its locked so you can't get out of it. Web searches show its an apple software issue - very irritating as they have not owned up to it yet there are 91 page blogs on their own forum with people experiencing the issue.