+ Reply to Thread

Cool Audiovox PPC 4100 Now Available from AT&T Wireless!

Welcome to the newest addition to PocketPC phones! AT&T is now selling the Audiovox PPC 4100 on it's web site. It is available for $349 after rebate and activation.

The Audiovox PPC 4100 features a 400MHz XScale processor, Microsoft PocketPC 2003, speakerphone, jog dial, SDIO slot, and more. More information is available on AT&T Wireless' PPC 4100 page.
    Boardoo - Managed Forum, Web, and Blog hosting solutions.

Any idea if the Audiovox PPC 4100 has an external antenna port? I live in a "fringe" AT&T area and would like to use it with an external antenna and a repeater/amplifier. Also - and this may be a "newbie" question - but since I know have a AT&T SX56 which uses just the 1900MHz band in the US, will the Audiovox PPC4100 - which is a tri-band phone mean that I will be able to have more and better connection points than the SX-56?
    Tom Gordon
    Riverbend Marketing
    Ashley (Lansing area), Michigan

Also - and this may be a "newbie" question - but since I know have a AT&T SX56 which uses just the 1900MHz band in the US, will the Audiovox PPC4100 - which is a tri-band phone mean that I will be able to have more and better connection points than the SX-56?
    Yes and no. Comparing to the SX56, you should get better reception since ATTWS (or shall we call it Cingular/ATTWS?) is primarily on 850MHz now. However, in some bad areas (like the suburb I work in), it does not matter you are on GSM (both 850 and 1900) or CDMA, the signal strength is still bad. You just have to try it out in the areas that you will be at most frequently.

When I was in the good old TDMA plan, I NEVER EVER had any reception problem. Even when I was out in the country which is more than 100 miles from any decent size city, I still can make and receive phone calls with no problem or interruption. I think the good old TDMA network has much better infrastructure than the newly developed GSM network by ATTWS. Well, may be things have to get worse before it can be better???