+ Reply to Thread

Does anyone still have this device?

I am curious if anyone still has and is using the 4100. I got rid of mine, but wondering if I didn't give it a fair run. My main problem with the device was the lack of regular PPC buttons and could not make a call from my contact list one handed.

If you still have this device, please let us know how it's going. It's looking like this has turned out to be a huge flop.
    Ascii stupid question, get a stupid Ansi.

EH..I am still using it...I believe I have given it a very fair run. It does have a lot of pros...it was the lack of good GSM service thats making me return it. Its actually going back Wednesday..Yes the lack of one-handed operation is really a bummer!!!. sad to agree with you it is going to turn out to be a flop.....oh well you would think AT&TW or Audiovox would have done a decent market research.... overall battery has been tremendously improved or its just a function of 03 that does not soak up battery... IMHO..I think its the 03 that has fixed battery consumption. So, what have you got now? I still have the i600 and the i700...waiting for the MotoV710 really....sweet...
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

I still have my I600 but am also trying out the Treo 600 on AT&T. I'm in Dallas area so I have pretty good reception. The call quality is better than VzW but sometimes people complain that they can hear an echo and sometimes my calls don't go through right off. I really like the Treo 600 form factor, and I know VZW will get one, but since my contract with them is new, I'm going to have the pay full retail for it if I decided to use VZW. My only real problem with VZW is the lack of phone selection. GSM has so many more options and they get phones out quickly. Verizon is still "testing" phones that have been on a similar service for over a year. I've gotten sick to death of their overboard testing, which is one of the reason's I sold off my I700 before it became a dinosaur that is perpetually stuck with WME02.

I need a good converged PDA device. I don't really need a lot of toys, like the PPC has. The I600 is just not a great PDA although it's a great phone. I'm even considering the VZW Blackberry. It lacks a speakerphone though and I don't think I can use it as an ebook reader. I have come to love having ebooks. I just want a good organizer phone with good text entry. The T600 is close, but I just don't know. GSM sucks but is more versital and it has improved quite a bit with the AT&T merge with Cingular and the roaming agreements with T-Mo. Crap, I'm never going to find the right one.

Why are you anxious for the 710? What is your plan with it?

Well EH, you asked...here's my reason...
    Last edited by equus; 01-23-2006 at 10:34 PM.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

What are you going to do for a PDA? Will this device force you into unconvergance?

Originally posted by EvilHomer
    What are you going to do for a PDA? Will this device force you into unconvergance?
    Yep...its got contacts and a calendar and thats all I need. I need to stay converged with my family more than these unpredictable toys...