+ Reply to Thread

Question Bluetooth or Not??

Hey guys I have a question. Is the PPC 4100 Bluetooth or not, I have found information that is saying it is, like some posts in this forum but I have found conflicting information that says it is not. for example on ATTWS.com it does not show up under bluetooth devices, on the ppc 4100 page it says bluetooth capable with intergrated accessory. I have looked for the accessory on both att's web site and on Audiovox's web site too. I don't see anything that further says that it is capable just that line on AT&T's website. I didn't see anything in the users manual about it either.

Thanks in advance
    TB CompDesign
    Cingular 8125 and lovin' it

Re: Bluetooth or Not??

Originally posted by TBCompDesign
    Hey guys I have a question. Is the PPC 4100 Bluetooth or not, I have found information that is saying it is, like some posts in this forum but I have found conflicting information that says it is not. for example on ATTWS.com it does not show up under bluetooth devices, on the ppc 4100 page it says bluetooth capable with intergrated accessory. I have looked for the accessory on both att's web site and on Audiovox's web site too. I don't see anything that further says that it is capable just that line on AT&T's website. I didn't see anything in the users manual about it either.

Thanks in advance
    OK..as an ex-user of 4100 it was capable of BT as I did use a BT headset and it worked flawlessly...yes..the manuals are much to be desired of..
    Last edited by equus; 07-03-2004 at 11:44 AM.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Re: Re: Bluetooth or Not??

Originally posted by equus
    OK..as an ex-user of 4100 it was capable of BT as I did use a BT headset and it worked flawlessly...yes..the manuals are much to be desired of..
    Equus can you tell me how you got the bluetooh headset to work
    The jazzman

Re: Re: Re: Bluetooth or Not??

Originally posted by jazzrome
    Equus can you tell me how you got the bluetooh headset to work
    Well..I turned the headset on..tapped on the BT icon on the 4100...waited about 30 seconds..BT icon turned green..and it was ready..this was a Jabra BT headset that was "supposedly" made for the 4100...after the "first" time it never took that long any more to ID itself...snag was if accidentally I walked a little too far off range..not only did I lose the call but the BT ID was gone too...I had to turn off the headset...turn off the phone..turn off the 4100..soft-reset and then it was fine..I had it down to a science of doing all of this under 30 seconds!!!! IMHO...BT has still a llloooonnnngggg way to go with phone/PDA combo to work right.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

bluetooth

Well you must have a different phone or version than I have my 4100 dose not have a bluetooh icon that i can find.
    The jazzman

Re: bluetooth

Originally posted by jazzrome
    Well you must have a different phone or version than I have my 4100 dose not have a bluetooh icon that i can find.
    connections>>> page..you don't have BT? got to have that icon...

Angry Bluetooth or Not??

The AT&T Audiovox 4100 is NOT Bluetooth, nor does it support WiFi (as I was told it would). In order to support Bluetooth you would need to insert a card in the SD slot. Also, AT&T is lacking in providing ANY acessories thus far.

Mine has a bluetooth icon in the settings/connections screen, but when I tap the icon, it say's "Error- There is no Bluetooth hardware installed on this device"

Kreggo, my 4100's say the same as you described. I actually called Audiovox and they told me we need a Bluetooth card to put into the SD slot. I don't know why jazzrome above was able to make his 4100 recognized the Bluetooth without adding an additional "piece"????? I'm not very happy with this AT&T solution. T-Mobile is suppose to launch a replacement to their 1st generation HTC unit and are telling me it's going to blow the socks of of AT&T's 4100....we'll see?

T-Mobile is suppose to launch a replacement to their 1st generation HTC unit and are telling me it's going to blow the socks of of AT&T's 4100
    That's the iPAQ 6315. It is quad-band. Built-in everything...BT,WiFi. Only the processor is slower than PPC4100, but it is no big thing considering what you gain. iPAQ is a much more reliable device.

T-Mobile has 3 month exclusive with the device. After 3 months, ATTWS will be able to sell it.... they sorely need something good to replace the PPC4100/SX56 product line.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

Re: Re: bluetooth

Out with it, EQUUS! What SD card which supports the headset profile are you using with your Audiovox 4100? The Toshiba and Socket SD cards have already been eliminated as contenders. The 4100 requires the installation of Bluetooth hardware, due to the fact that Bluetooth is not imbedded into the hardware, but the existing hardware will support the installation of Bluetooth. So, either come clean or ...

connections>>> page..you don't have BT? got to have that icon...

Re: Re: Re: bluetooth

Originally posted by backbeat
    Out with it, EQUUS! What SD card which supports the headset profile are you using with your Audiovox 4100? The Toshiba and Socket SD cards have already been eliminated as contenders. The 4100 requires the installation of Bluetooth hardware, due to the fact that Bluetooth is not imbedded into the hardware, but the existing hardware will support the installation of Bluetooth. So, either come clean or ...
    I will come clean in about 30 days....I promise.....NDA..to be exact...

Re: Re: Re: Re: bluetooth

In 'about 30 days', my company will be returning all Audiovox 4100's if we do not have the ability to incorporate Bluetooth headsets.

I will come clean in about 30 days....I promise.....NDA..to be exact...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bluetooth

Originally posted by backbeat
    In 'about 30 days', my company will be returning all Audiovox 4100's if we do not have the ability to incorporate Bluetooth headsets.
    OK..heads-up...battery-life is horrible(in 4100) when BT is used..hint...hint.. hope this will stop you from having a headache later after you deploy a large number of units and then get a feedback from the users that will be so negative your head might spin!!!!...

I'm going to take that to mean that Audiovox will be releasing an enablement patch on the 4100 giving us Bluetooth support on the 4100.

That's what I'm reading into it anyway.

From your other posts, equus, I can't tell, you still do have the 4100 and not a Treo 600? Or is it the other way around?

Originally posted by dorelse
    I'm going to take that to mean that Audiovox will be releasing an enablement patch on the 4100 giving us Bluetooth support on the 4100.

From your other posts, equus, I can't tell, you still do have the 4100 and not a Treo 600? Or is it the other way around?
    well both of them are back now...along with a 7135 and still throwing the i700 around like a ball!!!! I have to get a life.....

I'm in a similiar quandry...I love the size of the 4100, hate not have a d-pad & buttons...I mean...how am I supposed to play any games when I'm traveling?

So, I've been leaning towards a Treo 600...which OS do you feel has better intgrated phone features? PPCPE or POS?

That 160x160 screen is really the only thing holding me back...well that and the new 'Ace' leak...

BTW...how's my guess?
    Last edited by dorelse; 07-20-2004 at 03:19 PM.

I'm in a similiar quandry...I love the size of the 4100, hate not have a d-pad & buttons...I mean...how am I supposed to play any games when I'm traveling?

So, I've been leaning towards a Treo 600...which OS do you feel has better intgrated phone features? PPCPE or POS?

That 160x160 screen is really the only thing holding me back...well that and the new 'Ace' leak...

BTW...how's my guess?
    IMHO..Palm has always been PDA first and then a Phone...
    PPC has also been an Organizer before..dabbled heavily into the Phone side...
    better phone integration I believe is PPC...Mind you this is my opinion as this is a debatable issue..Die-hard Palm people will kill me on this..I am also a Palm OS user...I like the PDA part on the palm side.....PPC's have traditionally had larger screens and always gone for the better resolution...games are popular with PPC....so its a toss up...

your guess is pretty"good"...as you said it is a guess!!!!.

Why would Audiovox Communications be spending any further resources on this device when their assets have been sold? I'm starting to believe that AT&T planned to only offer this device as a stop-gap measure while they had to wait for the HP and other wireless models. I wonder how well sales are going on eBay.