+ Reply to Thread

Question Audiovox PPC4100 - SD WI FI compatible?

I have just received this Pda phone and want to know if anyone has installed the scandisk WiFi & storage card. I want to use "Skype" phone with my handheld in some Hotspots.

Ps. I do not like the Thing as a Cellphone (but it was almost free)

Talking

I have a Anextek SP230, that's from the same manufacture of PPC 4100. Both are the same phone, with no SIM lock in SP230.

I use WIFI SD from Sandisk. Easy to install and run. Skype is supported in Pocket PC, it work great but with some delays when I test in my LAN.

Anyway, it works with SP230 so it should also works with PPC4100.

http://www.anextek.com/sp230.htm

Hi All,

I recently bought the SanDisk 25MB + Wi-Fi card and have gotten it to work on my Audiovox PPC4100 running PPC2003, but I have one issue with it:

When the PPC4100 goes to 'sleep' (standby to save battery), the Wi-Fi card seems to go to sleep as well, meaning the green light goes off, and after turning it back on, clicking on the "SanDisk Wi-Fi" app returns "Unable to connect to the Wireless NetCard". The only way to get it to wake up again (green light) is to eject and re-insert the Wi-Fi card. I hope this is not the expected solution, because if so, this means I would have to eject and re-insert my Wi-Fi card 15 times a day, which would definitely wear out the SD slot contacts on both the card and my PDA over time.

The memory card part of it seems to be fine. Please tell me there is a way to get the Wi-Fi part of it to wake up automatically when turning on the PPC4100.

Help?

I am currently having a mind-numbing dialogue with a SanDisk support person (my question to them was the same I posted here). I don't think we are communicating...at least agreeing on the difference between ON and OFF seems to be causing some difficulty here...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SanDisk Response: (11/17/2004 01:59)
    You can manually turn off the wireless radio by taping on the 2 arrows on top right and select turn flight mode off or turn wireless off and you can turn it back on the same way. Otherwise, the only way is to remove and reinsert card or soft reset the unit. This is a PDA issue and have no control over

Your Response: (11/17/2004 04:14)
    Thanks for the message but I'm not sure I understand your solution. The ONLY thing I want to know is: How do I turn the radio ON via software, not via card remove/reinsert. Turning "Flight mode" off/on does NOT work. And I see no option to "turn wireless off/on". Why can't the Sandisk driver be smart enough to turn the radio on when the PDA is turned on? Please describe in detail the steps I need to take to turn the radio on after a PDA poweroff/poweron.

SanDisk Response: (11/17/2004 04:14)
    My previous email tells you how to turn wifi radio off. That is the only option available via turning the flight mode off.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need some information about a pocket pc...

Hi guys... I need to ask you some informations about a model of Pocket pc I'm bidding for on ebay.
    the PDA is a "Audiovox Toshiba Thera 2032 Pocket PC PDA Phone".
    So I'm going to buy it, but my questions were:

1) Does this models work with SIM CARD?... (do yo know what a sim is guys?)

2)...If it does, do you think it will work with european and italian sim cards??? (the item I'm bidding for is sold in America).

...P.S. if someone of you knows the model can he says me if it is a nice PDA?

Thanks a lot for your help guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Audiovox PPC4100 - SD WI FI compatible?-pda.jpg  
    Supefilo