+ Reply to Thread

compatible bluetooth headsets

I am trying to get the Bodyglove bluetooth hands free set to work with the PPC 4100.

I have an Toshiba SDIO bluetooth card
    I have the software that detects the headset (from mobile planet)
    And I can detect the hands free set. It even allows me to enter the password.

Where I'm hung up is when I try to pair it. It wont pair with the device. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had this problem and found the solution.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: compatible bluetooth headsets

Originally posted by schale01
    I am trying to get the Bodyglove bluetooth hands free set to work with the PPC 4100.

I have an Toshiba SDIO bluetooth card
    I have the software that detects the headset (from mobile planet)
    And I can detect the hands free set. It even allows me to enter the password.

Where I'm hung up is when I try to pair it. It wont pair with the device. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had this problem and found the solution.

Any help is appreciated.
    do a soft reset first and then try to pair it....I have to do this most of the time to get it to work....
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

do a soft reset first and then try to pair it....I have to do this most of the time to get it to work....
    What headset are you using with it? Is it the body glove or a different one?

Originally posted by schale01
    What headset are you using with it? Is it the body glove or a different one?
    Bodyglove didn't work on mine for some reason..I use the Jabra 250 BT headset and it has been working fine...
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

I also have an Audiovox 4100 and I am considering buying the Toshiba Bluetooth SDIO card.

What version of the card do you have? I see there are 3 versions of the cards.

Does it really work with a Bluetooth handsfree device with the phone function? I have read numerous comments about the Samsung i700 that it doesn't work with phone audio, only the PPC audio. If that problem is specific to the Samsung and is not an issue with the Audiovox 4100 I'm going to be buying a card!
    Phones: Cingular 8125 & 2125, Siemens SX66, Audiovox SMT5600, Motorola MPX220, BlackBerry 7290

DonS-- how much is the card going for? I'm intrested in buying it eventually because right now the bluetooth handsets are going for $90 plus the card which i'm sure is no less than $75.

The cards are around $100. As I mentioned before, there are 3 versions of the Toshiba card. The latest version is sold out everywhere I checked. Some places still have the version 2 of the card.

I purchased a very nice bluetooth headset for $59.95 at an electronics store in New Jersey when I was there on business.

The one I bought was the Cardo Scala 500 headset. I like the ergonomics and it supports Bluetooth 1.1 and 1.2. They also sell a 2.5 MM bluetooth adapter. See the following link to see a description of it.

http://www.cardowireless.com/scala_500.php

I tried it with a Bluetrek 2.5 MM adapter and a dongle that I purchased that allows the 4100 to use a standard 2.5 MM headset. What I didn't like was that you still have to tap answer on the phone when receiving a call. When using a bluetooth adapter with a real bluetooth phone you can answer using the button on the headset.

The other thing I found was the advantage of having a wireless headset was kind of defeated because you have this dongle and adapter hanging off the phone. If the SDIO card worked well, at least it wouldn't have the adapter hanging around.
    Phones: Cingular 8125 & 2125, Siemens SX66, Audiovox SMT5600, Motorola MPX220, BlackBerry 7290

I like the adapter idea, but all the ones i have seen are hanging out which looks real bad. Anyone find any type of adapter that doesnt hang out like that?

Which toshiba SD bluetooth card it the one that works for the 4100? The only i can find it the Toshiba Bluetooth SD for Palm.

Here is a link to the Toshiba web site for information on the latest Toshiba Bluetooth SD card that works with the Pocket PC.

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/...4&ccid=1291043

I have not tried this myself. The specs claim it supports a hands free profile for Windows Mobile 2003. I wanted to confirm it worked with the 4100 before I purchased one.

Equus claimed he actually used a bluetooth headset with the 4100, so I was trying to get him to respond with what card he used.

I have the Toshiba bluetooth SD Card 3 (v1.2) and it works with the PDA because I have the Motorola HS820 and it pairs with it and I can hear the music, video, and sounds from programs but, when I use the phone, I can't hear my phone call through the Bluetooth headset, I can only hear it from phone itself. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know what to do about it? Oh Yeah, and what is the NAME of the software from Mobile Planet that people claim detects the headset?

PPC4100 SDIO with headset profile?

Sorry, no answers for you folks - just wondering if there is any conclusion to this string? I'm in the same boat - love the PPC4100 but would love it more if there were an SDIO bluetooth solution. - would love to hook it up to the Jabra BT800!

Have you purchased the Jabra BT800 yet? That would be the ultimate solution.

no sound on calls

Originally posted by tylerm
    I have the Toshiba bluetooth SD Card 3 (v1.2) and it works with the PDA because I have the Motorola HS820 and it pairs with it and I can hear the music, video, and sounds from programs but, when I use the phone, I can't hear my phone call through the Bluetooth headset, I can only hear it from phone itself. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know what to do about it? Oh Yeah, and what is the NAME of the software from Mobile Planet that people claim detects the headset?

I am experiencing the same thing, I can hear the buttons when pressed, but the call will not work on the headset. I have the latest Toshiba SD Bluetooth v1.2 PA3370U-1BTM. That is probably the biggest problem....AudioVox phone, Toshiba SD card & Motorola headset, no wonder it wont work!!!

Toshiba says they don't provide support because the card is universal, AudioVox does not provide support becasue the phone can be paired with the headset, so it must be a bluetooth issue, Motorola does not provide support because if the phone pairs with bluetooth, the phone is the issue.

The only reason I'm sticking with this phone is that I'm still on the ATT unlimited for $99.

I will make one last attempt at a Motorola store, then live with the fact that I will have a cord dangling from my ear. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

jb

try the speakerphone

Hey guys i just got the audiovox ppc4100 used. I unlocked it and is working fine on cingular network. I am looking to buy the bluetooth sd card, because i already have the motorola bluetooth headset. i have one suggestion for you guys trying putting the phone on speakerphone to see if it actually works.
    I can get unlock codes for Sprint Kyocera 6035 phones or any sprint handset. Please email for any questions.