+ Reply to Thread

How to turn off PPC 4100 entirely

Hi,

I recently purchased the PPC 4100 of Ebay for a decent price. The problem is I can't figure out how to turn the phone off (not phone signal) but the PDA/PHONE entirely. When it is in phone mode and I press the power button, it simply dims the screen, no matter how long I hold it down. The manual says "press the power button" to turn off, but again, it only dims the screen until I press another button. I know how to turn the signal off, by pressing end button, then power, but this puts it into "sleep" mode. Is that the only way to turn it off? I think that I might have got jipped on the sale, perhaps there is somehting wrong with the phone. Any imput would be apreciated,
    Thanks.
    Dbond

From what I remember, (because I don't currently have a PPC Phone, but I'm about to get another one this month) It's not really possible to turn off all of the way the way you would with a cell phone. You can turn off the phone part, but you can only "dim" or "sleep" the pda part of it. It's how other pda's work too.

What I remember the book saying was to put the phone in flight mode and then press thte power button. It seems to work for me.

yeah, it's ok! sleep mode is the only way to turn it "off"
    Procrastination is the assassin of opportunity!