+ Reply to Thread

Can I flash rom with anextek sp230 rom?

So i've been thinking.

Over on the xda developer site they talk about flashing the rom on various xda/clones to remove AT&T locks (so I can use a different supplier) I want to use the ppc 4100 with orange uk.

Expansys sell the anextek sp230 which will work on any gsm network.

As the hardware is virtually identical can I get a copy of the sp230 rom and replace the rom on my ppc 4100 with it?

Failing that has anyone used the ppc4100 in the uk (i'll change provider if neccessary) or managed to get one unlocked here?

Cheers, Jamm.

This is no longer necessary. I got the phone today and it is already unlocked. so £110 for a phone that expansys.co.uk are selling for £405.

I have AnexTEK SP230, a good PPC phone, but just recently I cant sync using MS Active Sync via USB or IR, also now cannot connect to the internet. (Remarks: Cannot connect: Error 60.

If someone has a patch in a CAB file that can be installed from the SD card or can guide me to solve the USB/IR/Net connectivity problem, it will be of very great help!

Problem solved. No need of any external flash ROMs.
    Just made a hard reset and got like a brandnew clean system. Of course, had to reinstall the additional softwares but everything is now working fine.
    Thanks anyway for the informative discussions.