+ Reply to Thread

Microsoft Voice Command on PPC4100?

I have installed Voice Command on my PPC4100, but I'm having a problem figuring out how to program the Voice Command button. Mainly because there are no buttons on the PPC4100! Just the green and red phone buttons. Is there no way to use the Voice Command software with the PPC4100? I did get the software to work by connecting a Tengo thumb keyboard that had the buttons programmed on them, but I don't want to have the keyboard on the device all of the time.

Now to figure out how to get the bluetooth to work so I can get a bluetooth headset....

I found following regarding your question. It help you create a short cut. I have yet to try. Where did you buy the Tengo keyboard?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi.../audiovox.mspx

the only programable button is the button on the headset. so it is really designed to be used with the headset. I use it all the time and, for me, it works fine.

When you install MS Voice, by default for 4100 it re-programs your headset button to activate voicecommand when held down for 1 sec (less than a second and you will activate the phone, too long and you will hear a low beep that means you timed out)

I also set up the start-menu button, but have found little use for it (if I could hit that button, I could also just tap to do whatever it is I want (start playlist, call home, etc.)

Works from Start Menu

Thanks! Since I don't use the headset, I guess the Start menu will have to do.

The Tengo keyboard I got from my AT&T wireless rep. I'm sure you could find one at an AT&T Wireless store. It was $49.99.

Aaron
    www.hornit.net

Thank for the posting the headset button works great. I have tried tried the short cut too. I am able to start voice command and end call using headset. The trick is not to press the button too long, just press headset button for about 1-1.5 seconds and let go, you should hear the voice command's start beep and microphone icon will comes on. If you press it for too long then you will hear the voice command's end beep.

Originally posted by thapprat
    I found following regarding your question. It help you create a short cut. I have yet to try. Where did you buy the Tengo keyboard?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi.../audiovox.mspx
    I don't know what's different about my PPC4100, but I don't have Voice Command where MS says it is.

And I can't seem to find it anywhere else, either.

Am I the only one?

How to put a fingertip-sized "Voice Command" icon on your Today screen

I realize this is an older thread, but I only recently acquired a PPC4100 and began my struggle with Voice Command.

As we all know by now, the biggest downside to the 4100 is an apalling lack of application/programmable buttons.

I kept thinking to myself, that if only there was a way to put a shortcut icon on the "Today" screen that was big enough to tap without a stylus, it could actually be usable.

After much searching, I found a way to do just that, WITHOUT having to shell out more bucks!

There is a freeware app called cLaunch. It inserts a tabbed display on the today screen that is totally customizable. For the "Main" tab, I set the Icon size to about 45 pixels high and placed my favorite shortcuts. (this makes them fingertip sized and you can fit about 5 icons side by side)

Now when I need Voice Command, I just press the icon on the today screen! no stylus required!!!

Also put contacts, calendar, file explorer and media player. Finally, I have application shortcuts that replicates the feel of programmable buttons.

Incidentally, you can control the icon size for each tab in the display. This still gives you plenty of room to cram the other tabs with the standard tiny "stylus driven" icons.

I found it here. http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/claunch.shtml

Like I said, it's freeware so enjoy!