+ Reply to Thread

Jabra, Toshiba 1.2 BT SD Card, Microsoft Voice Command

I just bought a Toshiba version 1.2 bluetooth card for my PPC4100 (supposedly the latest and greatest). I have a Jabra FreeSpeak (model number not marked on device - used it with my Moto V600).

It was kind of klunky to get setup. The 4100 hangs when searching (disabled device name searching to overcome). Start>Settings>Connections>Bluetooth does not recognize the card). However, the Toshiba software seems to work.

I can listen to Windows Media Player and even sample ring tones through the Jabra headset. However, whenever I place a call, the call is not played in the headset. Does anyone have any hints on how to solve this problem?

I also bought Microsoft Voice Command as part of this setup. Works okay with the corded headset that came with the 4100 (lack of a programmable button is disappointing). However, I'm not sure how to associate the Jabra button with Voice Command. Hints here would be appreciated as well.

Wow. Zero replies.

For others googling this problem:

Audiovox support indicates that the problem lies with all Bluetooth cards produced by Toshiba (and SAN Disk). It does not fully support audio in this implementation.

I have found no Toshiba person that supports this product.

Sounded like a nice setup (PPC w/ Bluetooth Card <> Jabra headset), but the technology is not there. AFAIK, there is no solution commercially available.

Thanks for letting us in on the info. I was about to bid on a SD Bluetooth card but decided not to thankfully. Thanks for the info