Closed Thread

4100 v2 unlocking

I can do it.

$40 cdn + shipping both ways

callme@rogers.com

-Len

Cheers!!!

is it no way to do it remote-ly?

also I want to upgrade it OS to WM2003 Traditional Chinese version, is it possible to do so?

Would your ebay handle be apocalipsex by any chance?

There is an ebayer under this name in Toronto who can be called on _ 416-818-5797 Mauro offering an unlocking service for the 4100. He/She has 67 feedback at 100% positive. So it looks like it might be worth a go.

Actually.......

THat is us

thanks for noticing. And yes, if you want your phone unlocked, we are the only ones that can do it.

you can even check ATT forums where we recieved positive feedback froma few members

They really DO unlocking

I am one of their customer, got my ppc4100 remotely unlocked with them, what they do is to get your IMEI number of the handset and send you a dll file that is to replace your old one in your pocket pc. It worked GREAT for me. The only drawback is, I am having some minor defect on my cell phone lately and I want to send it back to Audiovox, but they are quite likely will send me a NEW, LOCKED (again) one back, so I guess I am not gonna send it back.... not gonna pay 40 bucks more to unlock the new one.
    I am what I am

unlock

Hi,

Im sorry you feel that way - however - how is it that we can control if your particular 4100 has a defect that requires you to return it to audiovox. I fail to see how flaming this thread explains anything except for our solution works.....

Im sure if you made a reasonable offer to us - we would help you out with unlocking the phone you get in return.

If anything - you should be yelling at ATT for having audiovox lock the phones.

Call us and we will work something out. otherwise - please dont hurt our image because of a problem with your phone

thanks

-Callme

hey it's not what I meant

Hey no offence and all it's just my personal experience!
    I am what I am

Unlock Code for AudioVox PPC 4100 - Paid Money thru Paypal - No Response for 5 days

This is to indicate how much I am vexed waiting for the solution.

I mailed callme@rogers.com last tuesday, requesting for a solution for unlocking code for AudioVox PPC 4100. I got this reply from him

Please send $53.50 via paypal in Canadian Funds to Callme@rogers.com

and we will be happy to assist you

Thanks

As I did not have a paypal account, I did it through one of my friends account and I have been corresponding from his e-mail id. reddyhk

I paid C$ 53.50 on last Saturday (1st January 2005) and till today I would have sent 4 reminders and absoltely no response. I thought I will take his help only by looking at the forums but then I am quite agitated about the way that this has been handled. Not even one mail after the payment is made. This is not a small amount. Please find below the fourth reminder I had given

I have got the AudioVox PPC 4100 long back and I am yet to use its phone/Internet facility. Hope posting in this forum my agony will help.

My email address: hema@pramati.com
    pavraman1956@yahoo.co.in
    reddyhk@yahoo.com - my friends email id through which I am corresponding now, as I have given that e-mail id while paying through paypal account.

Hi,

This is the fourth reminder. If I am not getting the solution by today, I think I will have to take serious steps. I will have to start posting in the various forums about this. My time is getting wasted. I have bought the PPC long back and I am yet to use the Phone/Internet. Please act NOW!!!!

Hi,

I have paid C$53.50 towards the service for unlocking the code for AudioVox PPC Phone. Please see the receipt below for the same. It is now past 36 hours since the payment is made. No response has come from your end. Please send the solution immediately. Please act ASAP. Please do not delay further.

Thanks

Dear Hari Duvvuru,

This email confirms that you sent $53.50 CAD to callme@rogers.com.

------------------------------
    Payment Details
    ------------------------------

Amount: $53.50 CAD
    Transaction ID: 3XB48206G25376921
    Subject: Unlock Code for AudioVox PPC 4100
    Note:
    I want the Unlock code for the AudioVox PPC4100 - AT & T Wireless -
    Phone.I
    want to change my provider.

IMEI Number for the Model is: 351961000368603

The Operating System is Microsoft Pocket PC Version 4.20.2 (Build
    14053)

View the details of this transaction online at:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/vst/id=3XB48206G25376921

Note: forwarded message attached.

WHOA!!

Finally we figure this out. We recieved payment from someone - but didn't know who

We haven't recieved any emails from you since the last we send you requesting payment.

We have no idea who made the payment or anything and haven't recieved anything from you from any address other than your first email stating that you wished to have it done.

How many emails are you communicating through. I reply to every email personally. Something is bigtime wrong on your end because I get everyone elses emails.

Im glad you finally found me - but you could have called. Would have been much easier.

Send me an email now - and we will fix you up

Len

Ok

OK.....

We never delete any emails. I search our whole archive looking for any and all emails from :

hema@pramati.com
    pavraman1956@yahoo.co.in
    reddyhk@yahoo.com

There was ONLY 1 email from any of those 3 addresses. It was from pavraman1956@yahoo.co.in and we recieved it on THURSDAY the 30th of December 2004

the messege with header info is as follows:

X-Apparently-To: callme@rogers.com via 206.190.37.197; Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:03:48 -0800
    Authentication-Results: mta107.rog.mail.re2.yahoo.com
    from=yahoo.co.in; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
    X-Originating-IP: [202.43.219.113]
    Return-Path: <pavraman1956@yahoo.co.in>
    Received: from 202.43.219.113 (HELO web8203.mail.in.yahoo.com) (202.43.219.113)
    by mta107.rog.mail.re2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:03:48 -0800
    Received: (qmail 96715 invoked by uid 60001); 30 Dec 2004 01:03:46 -0000
    Message-ID: <20041230010346.96713.qmail@web8203.mail.in.yahoo.com>
    Received: from [61.95.134.10] by web8203.mail.in.yahoo.com via HTTP; Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:03:46 GMT
    Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:03:46 +0000 (GMT)
    From: Venkataraman Ananthakrishnan <pavraman1956@yahoo.co.in>
    Subject: Unlock Code for AudioVox PPC4100 - AT & T wireless
    To: callme@rogers.com
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-771253829-1104368626=:96641"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hi,

I want the Unlock code for the AudioVox PPC4100 - AT & T Wireless - Phone.

I bought the device in US. I stay in India. I want to change my provider.

IMEI Number for the Model is: 35196***********.

Can you please help me out ASAP?

Thanks

To which we replied.

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:39:15 -0500 (EST)
    From: "Callme Callme" <callme@rogers.com> Add to Address Book
    Subject: Re: Unlock Code for AudioVox PPC4100 - AT & T wireless
    To: "Venkataraman Ananthakrishnan" <pavraman1956@yahoo.co.in>

Please send $53.50 via paypal in Canadian Funds to Callme@rogers.com

and we will be happy to assist you

Thanks

NOw we recieved the payment on Jan 1st ( new years DAY) from someone we never heard of - or recognize - with no IMEI number and no other emials.

THE ONLY NAME WE KNEW WAS Venkataraman Ananthakrishnan
    Who is Hari , HEMA or Reddyhk !!!!!!

We never got any emails saying you are using 3 differennt addresses or the name on the paypal reciept is not yours etc etc

What did you expect!!!!!!!

Like I said email me - or call me

I have emailed you from my pavraman1956@yahoo.co.in account. Please send me the solution immediately. I do not have your telephone no. Please give your telephone no also.

Thanks

AudioVox PPC Phone working

I got the phone unlocked through callme@rogers.com. Then I tried with two service providers in India out of which one worked. Now I am happy that the phone is working.

Thanks to Len (callme@rogers.com) for unlocking the phone.

Sorry folks this thread has been locked and there shall be no soliciting in this forum by any member for any type of services. it must be posted in The Mall forum and MUST be approved by the site admin.....
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !