+ Reply to Thread

I Can't Connect to Any ISP Except GPRS

What am I doing wrong? I've tried everything. Is there a program out there that can assist with this connection? I understand AOL has a program for $20, but I'm looking for something like NetZero.
    thanks, Mike

What exactly are you trying to do? Do you have a (wireless) network card or modem in the SD slot, or are you hoping to use the cell phone antenna to connect via an alternate ISP? If it is the latter, my understanding is you're stuck with GPRS.

I'm attempting to connect via the cell phone connection to another ISP besides AT&T GPRS.
    Are you saying this is not possible with PDA phones? Why can't I just connect my internal modem to an ISP and use Explorer to surf? Thanks for the reponse. mike

Since you're posting in the PPC4100 forum I'm assuming that that's what you are using.

You can easily connect to an ISP of your choice with the PPC4100. If you use a network card of some kind. But if there is a way to redirect the PPC4100's built-in mobile antenna/modem to use some ISP other than the AT&T GPRS, I don't know about it. If there is a way, I'd be very interested in knowing because AT&T/Cingular data rates are astronomical.

Hi Mike,

a couple of suggestions. 1st read the manual, then if your query still isn't answered come back here and ask your question again. This time however once you've finished your reply leave it for a few minutes and come back and re-read it. Pretend we don't actually have the ability to read your mind and decide if you've included enough information for us to be able to understand what you are asking. If all of this is ok then submit your reply. I look forward to your next response in the hope that we can help you out.