+ Reply to Thread

Can i still setup the PPC4100 on ATT?

Hey guys, i just bought a PPC4100 from ebay. I spoke with cingular, they said i would not be able to set up the phone on their network.

But I called again through what was ATT Cust Serv and they said that former ATT reps can still get us att plans. Anyone know anything about this?

I just want to be able to hook up my 4100 to any phone carrier.

Thanks

If you have a cingular SIM card have you tried putting it in. I did the same and I havent had any trouble. Maybe try getting a new SIM since att and cingular converged.

So a cingular SIM card worked with you?

I currently dont have Cingular or ATT but i'd do anything to get it up and running.

Should i sign up with Cingular, then just switch the SIM card over to the 4100?

I don't think that will work.

I believe the "chip" may have some kind of proprietary recognition software built in that tells the cell phone towers who/what is connecting with what service plan. Think of it as sort of Identification. I had a similar problem when trying to use an at AT@T sim card out of my POCKET PC PHONE edition with a T-Mobile POCKET PC PHONE edition. I understand they are different service plans, but the internal phone features were the exact same. When I made the switch, the phone would ask for a PUK code (an unlock code). It didn’t work.

My only recommendation would be to find a friend that has a Cingular phone/switch cards, and try using your PPC4100.
    I Love My Pocket PC

I call ATT Cust Serv. and after a long argument, the rep said that some of the reps that are there still have access to ATT rates, she said she would connect me with the 4100 with no problem. But, i dont know if to believe that since, really, ATT is no longer ATT.

I'm trying to do anything just so that i can connect the 4100

I was able to purchase a new plan and PPC4100 with AT&T and did so 11/29 in the Omaha, NE metro.

yea, since then. they're not accepting any new plans. they're cingular now. but the new 64k sim cards work with the ppc 4100.