+ Reply to Thread

Help - My screen is dying

I must have put some pressure on it, because now I have four horizontal dead-pixel lines on my PPC4100's screen, and they seem to be widening. They are definitely dead pixels.

And of course I didn't send in my Audiovox warranty card in the first 30 days, and didn't select insurance for it with the AT&T plan. Am I SOL? What are my options?

I could buy another one on Ebay I suppose, and transfer my chip to it. I'm hoping there are less expensive options? I'm very attached to this thing.

Thanks,
    Paul

i hate to say it but it sounds like you're SOL. I doubt anyone can fix that and if they could, it'll probably be more than just getting another one off ebay.

-Hopefully i'm wrong...

The fix for the dead pixels on the ppc 4100 is to set it on the max brigthess settings, then have it lay on the lcd side and let it sit there. It takes about 16 hours to see a difference maybe 12, a full day or 2 make it completely go away

)
    uh...you're kidding, right?

No not at all, it really does work I done it to get rid of the black lanes before.

ok I'm trying it - thanks for the suggestion. I'll let people know how it works.

don't know much about LCD screens except that there seem to be two layers to them: one that generates the actual pixel patterns, and one layer in front of it that that amplifies and illuminates those liquid crystal pixels.

any luck hermitnerd?

Talking

OMG
    I was reading one day and I saw the fix for dead pixel.
    IT WORKED GREAT
    It took me close to about 19 hours luckily it was christmas so I decided not to answer my phone. I picked it up Sunday ,orning and the big black spot had vanished...
    ONCE AGAIN THANKS ALOT

Sure no problem i was going to post that in your thread.

Service...

I've got serious screen problems, and I'm going to try the suggestion about lying the unit lcd side down for a couple days.

If this doesn't work, does anyone know who services the PPC4100? Is it AT&T, Audiovox, or UTStar? If you know, do you have a number?

Thanks,
    Scottie