+ Reply to Thread

Question Grey line on screen?

I just got a little grey line next to my start button on the screen that doesn't seem to be going away. Any suggestions

Assuming you got it from AT&T I'd gripe andhope for a new one. A lot of people at work have had problems wtih lines on the screen and gotten thiers repalced. Ihad a funny spot one day for about five minutes, but it went away and has not returned.

Mark
    WM 6.1/PocketBreeze/PocketWeather/iLauncher/PhoneWeaver

Well, I put the backlight to max and left it like that overnight. Next morning the grey line went away. But after reading some of the threads on here I realized the 4100 screen is just to sensitive. It appears to be very prone to dead pixels so i'm going to sell it while i still can

Myth or fact?

Is there really any truth to this? My PPC 4100 has lot of grey lines and pixels at random points on the screen. I tried leaving it in highest bride display mode, and turned lcd screen face down for 12 hours. The problem did not go away.

I had a dead area on mine... try leaving it face up though with full brightness but flat on its back. I won't guarantee it will work but mine did fix itself as well. See what happens over night. Let us know .

Yup, I just did that and this morning it's still the same. Not even one of these grey pixels went away. I doubt leaving it on for a week in bright mode upside down or right side up, will fix it. I wonder where I can get a replacement LCD display? I see some for the iPaqs, but never for this Audiovox/AnexTek pda. <sigh>