+ Reply to Thread

unlock the ppc 4100

has anyone gotten his ppc 4100 unlocked? just wondering how its goin. thinking of buying one.
    where i live they dont offer the services. so i have to get it unlocked.

from waht i read about this phone to get it unlocked u need to get a guy that can generate this file will unlock the phone fom the iemi on u'r phone. i have been trying to get a hold of one of those files to look at.

if anyone has his/her pda unlocked and have the file i would like nicely to share this file. i am really curious how the file looks like.

thanks
    Last edited by naack; 03-09-2005 at 02:27 PM.

If I knew what to send....

My ppc4100 is unlocked....if I knew what file to send, I most certainly would....it works fine, BTW....

ahh thanks for the post.

i am guessing that u bought it unlocked. from waht i read inorder for anyone to unlock it for you they will nbeed your iemi then they will generate a file for it that u would have to replace. thats the file that i am looking for. if i knew waht the file is called it would solve half of the problem ..

File Name

The filename is rilgsm.dll

It only shows up when you explore through Activesync and choose to show hidden and system files in the folder options of windows explorer.

thanks alot for the info. the file looks like fun ..
    i will post here if i find anything interesting

Question 4100 unlock

Sir, I am unsure as to what "unlock" actually refers to. I have a 4100 and I take the term to mean "the ability to use the 4100 in any service provider area" But I find that to be true without a file, if you just change your SIMM card. If there is a different meaning, would you kindly show me my mistake. I just relocated from a different state, and haven't replaced my SIMM. Thank you.

Question How to

Ok I know about the DLL file, but how do I do it? Do I download that file or look for it then change it? Not really sure how to start the process

Whether it is possible somewhere to download this dll?

PPC4100 unlock

To Answer HappyGirls question:

Almost every phone from a provider is subsidy locked (simlocked). This locks that phone to the providers network that you are on. If you insert a sim from another provider then it would ask you for the unlock code. IF you failed x number of times (most of the time 3-5) to give it then it locks up your phone and requires you to get the provider to unlock it. So unlocking is removing this subsidy lock. Sometimes it from getting a code generator which give you the code to type in but most of the time it involves using usb cable/ serial cable to flash your phone to unlock it. With pocket pcs and smartphones it involves replacing files a lot of the time through your usb cable.

Kagi: You cannot download the file because its tailored to your device. I was told although this hasn't been tested that the dll is tailored to your specific IMEI number of your phone. So the file is generated using that number. The cost recently dropped on ebay from like 50 dollars to 10 dollars on ebay.
    The guy who sold me mine is charing 10 dollars now on ebay. You just click buy now. The only thing to remember is its not a permanant unlock. When you reset your phone it resets this file and it locks again. So what I do is keep a backup using wibackup ( of all data) on a SD card to restore it. Cuz you can only restore it that way or else you have to use activesync. If you are not at home you have no access.

Now me and Farisimo (hope i spelled that right) are looking at a way to flash the dll file into the rom with a new rom file so its there permanantly. We are keeping up to date with one another in the rom topic post in this forum. Anyways, if you have any other questions please feel free.

For 10 dollars I would get yours unlocked if the need be.

Hope that helps both of you.

Wink unlock code

thank you very much! you were very informative, I apreciate the posted reply. I will definitly remember your helpfulness.

Does anyone know if the PPC 4100 is unlocked will this allow it then to connect to a third party internet provider (such as Netzero)? thanks, mike

Unlocked pocket pc

Unlocked only refers to the fact that you can use another cellular providers sim card in the phone other then AT&T. I don't know if you could u set up that type of connection. The unlocking part however would have nothing to do with it. There is a connection option for cellular line but I tried (because of your post) to connect to my internet provider. It kept telling me that another modem was not at the other end. But it could just be my provider keeps this blocked. You shouldn't need it unlocked though. I hope that helps... my advice.. just try to set one up using the connection as cellular line... not cellular line (GPRS).

what's the IMEI ? did anyone write their own dll file ? what do u need to wirte it ?