+ Reply to Thread

unable to answer call

Unless I answer my PPC4100 on or before the 3rd ring, it is unable to answer call. Any ideas? I don't think it has been sent on to voicemail yet, because I get a 4th ring out of it.

Converged
    I have had similar issues. I sometimes get the unable to answer call message too, after the phone only rang (or initially sounded incoming call ring tone sound) about once on my end. There is a delay between when the caller hears rings and when I hear the phone ringing. In other times, I don't think it is a "real time" ring on our end. And I don't have the auto pickup feature checked either. I really have to get to my phone the split second I hear it ring or it may stop and I can't get the call. So a good portion of the time, I miss my calls, but then I go through periods of time where I seem able to get to it okay. It does get frustrating because you don't always get a valid chance to answer. I usually just phone the caller right back-I have no reception problems-signal is good, call quality clear, no problem making calls; device is stable overall and totally chock full of programs too.
    I really do like the device overall-it is the blend of features that suits my particular need. That being said, a phone that you can't answer does defeat the purpose! Thankfully, it doesn't happen every time. And actually, I know I've read references to other PPC devices having this issue, so don't know if this is just a PPC issue in general, or device-specific.
    Last edited by babsk; 04-03-2005 at 05:54 PM.

Converged
    At the current time, I'm using my Treo 600. I got the Treo only 9 months ago anyway, and had only used it for 5 months before getting the PPC4100. I had planned to switch back & forth between them anyway. I really like the PPC setup, but at the same time, I am enjoying being able to answer my calls all the time! I never had any issues there with the Treo-it rings in enough sync with the caller's ring, on par with regular cell phones. I tested it to compare, and the Treo starts to ring after one ring on the caller's end-it's quite close enough to allow plenty of time to answer. But there are definite features of the PPC I like, and I think the PPC4100 is a good device overall, and I'm sure I'll switch back to it for a while again at some point. I like having both.