+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MP3 Ringtones

MP3 Ringtones

I've been searching for a while and I havent found any patch or program that lets you use mp3's as ringtones. This device is so powerfull but it doesnt have that simple functionality built in. Does anyone know how to do this?

MP3 Ringtones

I have found a few useful programs. The first is Phone Profiles which allows picture identification as well as ringtone options. This is the program I was using at first. Then I stumbled across the caller id program that is part of the xda. If you go to the xda developers site you can find the cab files which they extracted from the XDA and they can be installed on the ppc 4100. You can't use mp3s but you can use wma and wav and mida amongst others. Just make sure you load your contacts in the regular contacts and assign ringtones and pictures from the regular contacts. Hope this is some help to you.

CAller ID

DO you have the link to this CAB?
    Thanks

Check this thread---info and links are down the thread. Also called photocontacts.

Multiple Ringtones?
    Jeremiah 29:11

THANKS

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

It can use *.wma files. All you need to do is convert you mp3 files into wma and drop them into your \windows folder.

It can use *.wma files. All you need to do is convert you mp3 files into wma and drop them into your \windows folder.
    I did that and the file went over to my File Explorer folder and its not in the drop down menu with the rest of my ringtones. Any ideas?

Right, I forgot to mention that you have to add a blank space after the name, before .wma, like myringtone .wma.

Yes, stupid, I know, but what do you expect from MS?

Worked great after i put the space in there...Thanks

i have tried searching for photo conacts 1.20 and cannot find the cab file. can anyone help me out with getting this cab?

nm i found it.