+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Help! I need a new display for PPC4100!!

Hello guys! I live in Italy and had the bad idea of buying an Audiovox PPC 4100. The idea was bad because in Italy there is no service for that PDA!! Now I have a broken display and I don't know where to go.... It is a complex thing to send the PDA back to Audiovox. Does anyone know if there is a place where I can buy (online too or by phone) a new display? It won't be a problem to change it, but the real problem is to find that part.
    Please, help me! Suggest me any retailer or any Service that can supply the broken display!!
    Feel free to mail me at my address:
    avvmiranda@tin.it
    Thank you for everything!
    Maurizio - Italy.

not good I

I would say you are probably out of luck. if it was an ipaq or another popular one then you would have options but this is not as popular . Even if you could just get the screen from audiovox it would probably be expensive tset since its us product they only sell stuff to the us. Not to mention they are rude . What about the SP 230 screen . Could You get it?

does sp-230 screen is compatible with audiovox 4100 screen ????

Hello! Yes I think it could be done. The AnexTEK SP230 should be a clone of Audiovox PPC 4110.
    .... does anyone knows how & where to buy the screen in Europe?

I tried Audiovox, and because mine is out of warranty, they told me to go take a hike. AnexTek may not even sell the LCD displays outright. If anyone out there knows a source where we can get our defective displays replaced, please post it here. Thanks.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of PPC4100 owners who need their displays replaced. Most common problem is the "dead pixels" syndrome. The LCD display that Audiovox used are inferior to others, and they know it. Audiovox being a small time company, doesn't have the capacity for doing a major recall on this unit. Instead they are discontinuing it. Typically on eBay it sells for less than $199US now. Any advertised for more, don't sell at all, no matter how new and sealed.

OK this is a widespread problem with the PPC 4100... By now most of you have read the upside down max brightness method of fixing this. People lose faith too fast. Its true i cant use it as my cell phone but I have had it upside down for approx 72hrs and the dead pixels are slowly starting to go away. Approx 70 dead pixels in two blotches on my screen close to the upper right corner. As of now approx 55 dead pixels remain. Hey it might take a week but beats worrying about buying or replacing the unit. I will post the exact hours it took me to fix my one.

th escreens look the same visualy i think u might be able to get some other brand name to work on it. the connector that comes from the screen and connects to the main board comes out of different placaes though
    so umight have to look for one that has the cable stickign out from the same side.
    Last edited by naack; 11-06-2005 at 03:44 PM.

Pocket Pc Techs Can Replace Screen

Guess what... You can get a new screen now... but you have to send it away.. well unless you can just get the parts...
    http://www.pocketpctechs.com/ or http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~un...ea~repairs.htm
    It is 139 dollars US. Hope that helps.

LCD Screen

Check Ebay. THere was a couple sellers there last week selling some. If no luck contact me as I have 2 brand new screens I may be wikking to part with.

Steve

I might be interested in the LCD Screen for the PPC 4100.

I bought the phone off eBay; I could barely read anything on the screen. I used ActiveSync and Remote Display so I could learn where everything was so I could at least dial calls when the phone was not connected to a computer. The screen lasted two days until it went blank.

The backlight comes on and the touch screen works but the screen is just white. When I finally opened the phone I saw that a previous owner applied scotch tape and paper to the LCD ribbon cable for it to fit into the socket. Although I have tried to fix the cable connection the screen still shows white.

I am still working on the problem. I may want to try a new LCD screen if nothing works. I will let you know.

bought a screen on ebay

I bought a screen on ebay and it took me about 15 minutes to install.

Cost me about $45 us.