+ Reply to Thread

Built-In Storage missing

I recently picked up an Audiovox 4100. Shortly after I started using it, the "Built-In Storage" on the device stopped showing up in the file explorer and activesync. The only thing i've done that I think could have possibly caused was deleting a couple of files off the root level of the device. I thought from the names they were related to my battery monitor that I uninstalled, but perhaps I was wrong.

If anyone has a suggestion, or can look on their 4100 to see if they have a file or two sitting on the root of it I would appreciate it. I've tried a hard reset of the unit, but it didn't help.

Thanks,

r0rs

Well I reinstalled the battery monitor, and the files I deleted showed back up again on the root file system so doesn't seem that had anything to do with it. If anyone has any suggestions for trying to get my Built-In Storage back please let me know, Thanks.

r0rs

Try this.... Hold in the rocker while doing a soft reset. This will take it into "bootloader" mode. Using your stylus, click on the button that says "reformat IPSM" or something like that. IPSM is the built in storage. it should work after that.

Hey thanks, that did the trick. I had to also perform a hard reset after that, but it worked great.

r0rs