+ Reply to Thread

Questions about the Audiovox PPC 4100

Hello, I'm fairly new to the pda smartphone scene. I just purchased a 4100 off ebay today. It seemed like a pretty good deal. However, there are a few questions I was hoping I could get answered.

First off the phone is suppose to be unlocked or so it says on the description. I have done a little reading, but not as much as I should..I was wondering if it should be locked back to the provider you are on contract with. See, I bought a MPX 200 not too long ago and was really frustrated with it because it didn't have the 850 band. The 4100 is suppose to use that band, correct? I want to have the best service/signal possible, that's why I asked if it should be locked to Cingular whenever I receive it? If so, how would I go about that?

Second, what are some programs/apps I should download. I want this pda/phone to run as good as it can. So, whatever is recommended I would like to put on there.

Again, I'm new to everything pretty much. I probably should have done some more research. Any help or opinions that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Questions about the Audiovox PPC 4100

Originally posted by One Ton
    Hello, I'm fairly new to the pda smartphone scene. I just purchased a 4100 off ebay today. It seemed like a pretty good deal. However, there are a few questions I was hoping I could get answered.

First off the phone is suppose to be unlocked or so it says on the description. I have done a little reading, but not as much as I should..I was wondering if it should be locked back to the provider you are on contract with. See, I bought a MPX 200 not too long ago and was really frustrated with it because it didn't have the 850 band. The 4100 is suppose to use that band, correct? I want to have the best service/signal possible, that's why I asked if it should be locked to Cingular whenever I receive it? If so, how would I go about that?

Second, what are some programs/apps I should download. I want this pda/phone to run as good as it can. So, whatever is recommended I would like to put on there.

Again, I'm new to everything pretty much. I probably should have done some more research. Any help or opinions that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i live in mexico and i can use your phone, if you like we can make a deal if the phone is not in bad state and fully funcioning (except by you comment)...

No responses?

you dont need to have it locked. t-mobile at&t cingular all use 850/900/1900 1900 being for phone and gprs and you can roam on any of the three without roaming charges.