+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Help ASAP

Need Help ASAP

I just received the audiovox ppc 4100, that I ordered off of ebay. It was suppose to be unlocked, but when I put my sim card and tried to make a call..it asked for an unlock code. I'm so frustrated right now, and need help. How can I unlock this phone, without having to pay someone to do it? Please help..thanks

Have you tried contacting the seller?
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Yes, I have contacted the seller, but no response as of yet. Any suggestions?

Can anyone help?

One Ton, Did you buy from Wirelessrush on eBay? I received 2 of these phones yesterday and tried swapping my Cingular SIM card into one of them and get the same "please input unlock code" message. These were supposed to be UNLOCKED phones, but they are not. I wrote a response to the seller this morning, but haven't heard anything yet. Have you found a solution yet?

i just recived mine from prattville item #5778100895 claimed to be factory unlocked well needless to say its not unlocked. I havent left feedback as of yet. will leave feedback when he gets me the factory unlock code like what was claimed or neg feedback and this goes back to the seller. now granted i could call cingular to get the unlock code. but why???

Unfortunately, it's a little more complicated than a simple unlock code. I received an email from my seller about a day after complaining. You have to take the .dll file he provides and put it on your PC in the correct folder to sync with your PPC-4100. Then you do a "soft" reboot of the PPC in the docking station and when it comes back up, it loads this new file. When the sync is complete, you remove the PPC and install your Cingular or Tmobile SIM card. Mine worked fine at that point. This is really a great PDA phone!

yes i know this is how you unlock the phone, I already have it unlocked. but the problem is the seller stated it was a factory unlocked phone which should mean it is not locked at all. with no issues of it becoming locked. my problem is its not exactly easy to restore your phone so now i have to have a sd card with this file on it.. thats just so i can use it. so that means i cant do what i normally do. and that is keep a backup sd card with me and use a second for everything. I am almost religious to when it comes to backups on my sync. but to sd im not.. the point being is what i bought wasnt what was advertised.

besides it not being unlocked, has everything been working ok? I just bought from the same seller and didn't see this post.

yes it works great..

Keep that rilgsm.dll file

.........that you need to unlock the phone.

It will RELOCK if the battery goes dead and/or if you do a hard reset.

You have to keep copying the that file to the windows directory of the ppc4100 each time it relocks.

Re: Keep that rilgsm.dll file

Originally posted by slmassad
    .........that you need to unlock the phone.

It will RELOCK if the battery goes dead and/or if you do a hard reset.

You have to keep copying the that file to the windows directory of the ppc4100 each time it relocks.
    not I. haha i have made a backup via the sd card. i recover from that and im up and working