+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Audiovox PPC4100

Need help to unlock an Audiovox PPC4100. Please help me. I am not good with computers, too.
    jdelfin56

nere u go

ok mate its free for u
    Attached Files

Its not working

I have tested this audiovox 4100 unlocking file its not working. I am based in Pakistan and have dual band operators 900/1800. But this set is not registering to my provider supporting 900/1800. It keep searching for network; never allows to manually select the band. When I try to opt for the manual band selection it says unable to get the network list right now .......or some similar message. Can any one help

Atif,
    I base in Malaysia, samething happen to me as my operator suppose to operate in 900/1800, by right our 850/1800 (as long as we have 1800) should work, but in the reality, it is actually operating at 900Mhz. Luckily I have another 2 operators to choose (they are purely 1800), not bad for me, you need to choose other operator that provide 1800Mhz. Just my experience. Txs.

cfchew3798

we have operator on 900/1800 but even after swaping the required rilgsm.dll file it's not working
    Simus

Worked for me

I did this and it worked for me. I had to do it twice and some of the stuff I typed didn't show up like I typed it but I am now able to use both an ATT and Cingular sims in my phone. and ALL for FREE that is sooooooo coool.

Atif,

the rilgsm.dll file is working no problem. Your problem is that, the PPC phone will not work under GSM 900Mhz operator because it has only 850Mhz. Though your operator will show 900/1800Mhz, but in actual, it is running at 900Mhz, not 1800Mhz, that's why your PPC keep failing to search for the network. Can you try other operators that really operate at 1800Mhz? Nothing to do with the unlock dll.

newly lauched operator Telenor is operating on 1800 at their headoffice site. but its not working there
    Simus

There is a choice of selection of frequency manually; but this phone is not allowing that, it says unable to search the information....or some thing like that
    Simus

If not mistaken, the Telenor is 900/1800 Mhz, not surely 1800Mhz. You basically can not perform the manual selection because your frequency was not being detected in the first place.
    You may try out Mobilink-PMCL.
    GoodLuck! Your unlock dll is absolutely fine.

akb

Pakistan

I am also from Pakistan and am facing the same problem i went to a person to see if he could solve the problem and he said that he doesnt know, mine is unlocked he said if ur pda searches for the network that means its unlocked, i dont know about that.
    Well then i went to Telenor and found out that their network is 900/1800 i cant fond anyway to fix it
    the person at the Telenor Office suggested that there is some way to overcome this problem, he heard it from someone but he doesnt know how all he knows is there is a programme which you either install of copy to the pda. But i think he didnt know what he was talking about
    If anyone else can help please let me know