+ Reply to Thread

Thread: back-up battery

back-up battery

Hello,

This pda is working under rogers in Canada.
    I have bought on ebay a PPC4100 and it was supposed to be unlocked but I had to use this trick with the dll file to unlock it but if I want to put my fido sim card it ask me again this unlocking codes so I don't know what will happen after the 10 attemps I have.

But my main concern is the backup battery is at 0% all the time even I tried to charge it for a complete week end as mentionned in a previous thread by someone. When I go to settings and the power menu it says no backup battery, does it mean I don't have any at all inside ?

Where could I buy one ? does someone know hot to put it inside ?

thank you

The backup battery is a little watch size battery on the inside, you should be able to buy a new one at almost any store for a few bucks. beware, when you pop off your regular battery you will lose your data, so backup before you take it off.

cyberdane, how do you open up the 4100?

thanks

I have had no success at finding a backup battery

the backup battery is soldered to the board by 2 tabs, it has "093" printed on it and that is all. I assume it is a 5 volt rechargable battery. I have removed mine from the 4100 so that I stop getting a low battery popup but still have not located a sorce for a new battery. Audiovox in all their wisdom will not sell you the battery as it is not a user replaceable part. They insist that you send in your unit for repair If anyone can help obtain this part please reply.

surveyppc4100,

Is it the one with the green color rim? mine is printed "034".

I thought the backup battery was the circular thing at the rear casing.

May a use of soldering iron cause a shortciruit on the pda? How do you remove it anyway?

thanks pal ....

I thought the same thing

I thought the same thing but it is the vibrator for the phone feature. Any soldering work is at your own risk, the biggest danger is of static electricity. Be careful to apply heat in as short a time as possible and use a fine tipped tool.
    Last edited by surveyppc4100; 10-14-2005 at 02:48 PM.

how does one reduce the risk of static? sorry for the lame question. I'm new to this.

thanks pal ..
    Last edited by adrian8981; 10-17-2005 at 07:32 AM.