+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new rom

new rom

where can i get a new rom for my pocket pc.....i have all this att crap on my 4100 i want to cook my own but i dunno where to do it...all the sites i find are for the xda

let me know

if u want i can send u the rom for the 4100. but its the one that is available on the website but its in nb0 format.
    if u like u can download it and play with it.
    see if u can alter anything.

i can only change the splash screen at this time.

i have downloaded tools from xda that will allow u to extract the image to see the content

coocking isnt available for the ppc4100 at this time.

u might be able to migrate some of the xda tools to the 4100 the roms look very similar. they also contain some of the same codes in the rom

its close but not close enough to jsut flash it with any rom from xda
    i have tried some of the cooked roms didnt work i am not sure how many kinds of roms are available.
    didnt try all of them

are you close to being able to just coooking a rom or is that a work in major progress? if you would send me that stuff it would be great.

thanks

u can go to xda-developers.com they have all xda tools some translate to the 4100
    also they have alot of programs that would work on the 4100 i had the 4100 rom on there for a while but it was taken off since there is no 4100 section on there i was trying to get them to take notice but there arent enough ppl that would care about the 4100 so there is very little interrest.

once u go to that site u will see the tools section
    they have dumprom.exe ( its a dos program that allows u to extract the rom file)
    u will find others that will help uthrough out.

i use winhex to change the splash screen.

this sucks.....the 4100 is a way better pda than the sx56 yet so little interest....i loved just cooking roms

there isnt as many users of the 4100. the sx56 was sold to tons of people but the 4100 was only sold to a few.

so what we have enough smart people that have the device that could put a rom cooker together...look at farismo he could probably alone lol