+ Reply to Thread

Help! Internet GPRS Connection

I have read all the posts and printed out dozens of pages regarding making an internet connection with my Audiovox PPC4100.

I see that some have said it has worked, but I can't seem to get mine to connect.

Can anyone tell me how to make a BRAND NEW connection if I delete all the connections I have already tried and start a new one.???

Thanks

who are you using as a provider?

Cingular..........

is the service that I have in Connecticut. Thanks

you should be able to get all the info from cingular. someone might be able to help you out but they would be your best resource

when you get the info please post the info

My experience. I bought this phone on January when it arrive I just took the SIM from my older phone and pluggin into the PPC 4100. I was impress on how quick I have it running on a ATT service. Including the Internet explorer since on the older phone i use to have the Mmode capability. I didnt had to configure anything that why I was so impress of how simple it was.

But... my problems have start 1 month ago when in my country (PUERTORICO) att aparently was bought by SUNCOM. The only website where I could find tutorials was at cingular and they provide the exact instructions on how to make it work at their network follow this link http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board...x&message.id=2
    I try it but it says that my ppc doesnt have any modem. Im pretty sure im doing the same thing it is described at the cingular webpage. But since Im not longer on att I think the proxy settings are different. Im plannig to make a factory reset to see if it start working like when I first got it.

Hope the link helps . I will post my results after the factory reset.