+ Reply to Thread

My PPC4100 needs resetting constantly

My PPC4100 locks up and must be soft reset several times a day. Does anyone have a solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Larry Cruzen

does it happen even with no extra's installed? I know after I loaded photo contacts mine does it more often

I don't know if it does it without a lot of extras installed. I have a 256 meg SD card installed, with hundreds of pictures, Microsoft streets with many megs of maps, picture viewing software and more. I will try removing the SD card and see if it improves.

Larry Cruzen

I removed the SD card two days ago and have not had to reset the phone since. I don't consider this to be a satisfactory solution, however, because I lose a lot functionality that I had counted on. I hope someone else can suggest a fix that will allow the use of the SD card.

Larry Cruzen

consider trying another sd card.. since i did a hard reset and loaded just photocontacts i dont have to reset nearly as much. i had a bunch of stuff loaded..

Thanks, Pen25. I will either try another card, or clean off my present one and add a little at a time until I find the offending data.

Larry Cruzen