+ Reply to Thread

Here Are Working Gprs Settings For Ppc4100 Cingular

I had to search far and wide for this nonsense, so I'm trying to make it easier for everyone to find this information. Here are the settings I used to connect my PPC4100 to the Cingular GPRS network:

connection name: GPRS Connection
    modem: Cellular Line (GPRS)
    access point name: wap.cingular
    user: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    pw: CINGULAR1
    domain: none
    DHCP for everything (server assigned IP addresses)
    gateway (proxy): wireless.cingular.com
    HTTP: wireless.cingular.com:8080
    WAP: none:8080
    Secure WAP: none:9203
    Socks: 127.0.0.1:1080
    Socks 4

First delete all your existing connections. Then create a new connection under the "my isp" heading. Enter the settings above when prompted. When you're done, edit the proxy and WHABAM! You're on the network, surfing at ridiculously slow speeds! Joy!

Also, I'm so freaking tired of seeing people making money from unlocking GSM phones! Here is the fix to unlock your PPC4100. Just follow the instructions. It's easy.

Lemme see, what else? Oh I have found a solution to unlocking the phone without a PC (in case you have to hard-reset and you're out of town or something). Put the fix on your SD card. Find TotalCommander and put that on there too. Make the fix read-only using TotalCommander (FileExploder won't let you edit file properties). You also need TotalCommander so that you can edit the properties on rilgsm.dll in order to replace it (for the unlock fix).

Have phun! This is a good toy!
    Attached Files

good job on the post man, thanks for the unlock file as well, i think it'll help a lot of people out

Talking

Just trying to do my part and save ppl a headache or two

Cingular Tech Sucks! Thanks for the settings...

I just purchased the Siemens SX66 PDA/Phone and had the hardest time trying to get GPRS to work. After several days of trying the settings. I gave a up and tried Cingular tech support.

Calling up their tech support was as good as talking to a stranger on the street trying to read a manual in front of you on how to put in the settings. I had gotten no where with the first tech because fhe settings were bad. (What a waste of 45 minutes) The next tech was just as bad, giving me bad setting again (wasted another 20) so I decided to check out the internet.

It seems I could have found your post in the beginning and saved myself 3 days of headace and about an hour of wasted phone call time. Thanks for posting it up. Maybe I should tell those techs how to fix a phone that they are suppose to support. Nah! I'll let them figure it out for themselves.

Thanks for the settings!!

Cingular GPRS

Anyone know why when you first power on the PPC4100 it shows the square G icon to the left of the signal strength meter and the orange LED flashes then it goes out, but when you connect via GPRS, it doesn't show the square G icon?
    Last edited by InterceptorNC; 10-26-2005 at 01:40 AM.

whats a Input unlock code? before i use the phone servie

can I download crack file to unlock my ppc4100? Do you need IMEI for my phone?

Do we have to pay for GPRS?

To Sunayknits,
    Do we have to pay for web surfing by using GPRS?

Thanks

GOOD JOB, unlocking the phone without a pc is a good idea, also now I wonder why I don`t keep a back up file of the dll in case I have to hard reset. Will do right now!

Woot

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you found this useful :

I just picked up an 02 Xda IIs and I'm really liking it. I think my PPC4100 days might be over

Quote Originally Posted by InterceptorNC
    Anyone know why when you first power on the PPC4100 it shows the square G icon to the left of the signal strength meter and the orange LED flashes then it goes out, but when you connect via GPRS, it doesn't show the square G icon?
    The little G when you connect to the network is merely an indicator that GPRS is available. At least as far as I can tell

Quote Originally Posted by skybox44
    whats a Input unlock code? before i use the phone servie
    This is the reason you need to unlock your phone. Carriers lock phones to their own service so that the phone cannot be used with another carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by ajitshah
    can I download crack file to unlock my ppc4100? Do you need IMEI for my phone?
    You know about the IMEI but you can't figure out how to just download this and try it? I don't get it lol Just try it and follow the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Jed
    To Sunayknits,
    Do we have to pay for web surfing by using GPRS?

Thanks
    Either you pay your carrier for data service in advance (most have package deals) or you pay as you go. I am paying $.01USD per Kb on a pay-as-you-go plan because I don't use the data service much.