+ Reply to Thread

Question I need a replacement backup battery

I need a replacement backup battery and as usual audiovox has ignored my question. can any of you lead me to the check out line?

what do you mean by replacement backup battery??

backup battery

By backup battery I am refering to the internal one that is suppose to hold a charge for 30 mins. I have not lacated it yet but I assume it is soldered onto the motherboard.

hmm i think this is maybe almost impossible, but good luck anyway ... i thought u meant by an extra backup battery.

sorry, i can't be much of a help ..

I need a new backup battery as well, has anyone found where one can be purchased? Mine apparently got fried when I accidentally dropped the unit in a water dish, and the phone itself appears to work. The backup battery warning comes on briefly, then the phone shuts off. It's definitely a backup battery issue, as the length of time that the phone will stay working depends on how long I leave it shut off with the main battery disconnected.

Also, does anyone know if these are soldered in, or if they're just a watch-style battery in a socket?

After an extended search I found this website but it's been so long since I took the battery out of mine that I cant locate it any longer to get dimensions for the two legs. In any case I no longer have that issue because I broke the screen on my 4100 and had to purchase a new one. Hope this site has the solution for others though.

http://www.powerstream.com/liprism.htm