+ Reply to Thread

How to dis-assemble the 4100?

guys,

Have any of you tried to disassemble the 4100? I tried to, but had no success. However, i managed to pull out the 4 screws, but that's about it ....

Anyone?

thanks....

noone knows?

my rocker button is broken, so i want to open the 4100 up to access the damage ...

anyone???

I've managed to get the front faceplate out, but had no success on getting the back part out.

I spent 4 hours trying to figure this out, but still ... no success yet. I believe that the 4100 uses some kind of "snap mechanism", I just didnt know where they are located.

So please ... anyone ..........

disassemble is easy

disassemble is easy, after removing the 4 screws use your stylus (so that you dont mar your 4100) put it part way intop the stylus holder hole and apply slight pressure on the rear cover. the upper corner should come uncliped from the center section, afer this step use the stylus to run aroung the opening you made between the back cover and center plastic piece to release the remaining clips. there are 6 or 8 of them in all. this procedure can be done on both the rear and front covers. Good Luck and feel free to reply with any other questions as I have had mine appart for repair numerous times as I am a little rough with mine.

thanks a lot surveyppc4100 .... you made my day ... saving me some pains in the a** trying to open up this baby.

again, thanks a lot.