+ Reply to Thread

Help with Screen Change

I just bought a kit off of Ebay that has a new LCD and case all I have to do is take mine apart and change the screen, does anyone have any idea how hard this will be? I am pretty electronics savvy but I don't want to screw this up.
    Thanks
    Slade

I bought one too. It isn't too bad if you take your time. The trick is to disconnect the three cables for the lcd. One can be accessed from the front side and two from the back. The case splits into three pieces and is done after removing the screws from the back. The easiest way I have found is to use somethng to pry from the stylus slot. This will most likely remove the back. The front is a little tougher. One thing to be careful of is the circuit board. You can break the jog wheel if you are not careful if you try to remove it. Don't force anything and go slow. Also the three connectors are pulled out of their connectors differently. The largest is a flip up type and the two smaller ones are a slide forward type. I know this sounds odd, but look at them before you disconnect them and you will see what I mean. Good luck and let me know if I can help.

greg