+ Reply to Thread
    Working from Every Where! slingshot's Avatar

Curve and Software Release 4.7

OK, so I have been a BB user for all of two days. I loaded the initial software from the CD that came with my phone and was able to sync it to my calendar, contacts, and Memo Pad which has made me extremely happy to this point.

I went online and found two updates to the software that came in the box and went for the upgrade to Version 4.7 of the Blackberry Desktop Software.

Now I am getting mail still however I only get a * for notification in the "Messages" folder which I so far absolutely hate. I don't know which account is actually receiving mail.

Has anyone else encounterd this issue? Hoping it's not something else I did trying to get use to my phone.

These BB forums don't seem very active or full of info like some of the other ones, so hopefully somoene will see this.

Thanks
    Regards,

Craig M.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 User (Personal)
    Motorola Black "Q" (Work)
    -------------------------------------
    Previous Devices:
    Treo600
    Samsung i730

Working from Every Where! slingshot's Avatar
    This was resolved by turning off the BB and removing the battery for 30 seconds to a minute.

Don't ask me why, I did a soft reboot, but this appears to have fixed it.

Just so everyone knows (if they come across the same problem).
    Regards,

Craig M.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 User (Personal)
    Motorola Black "Q" (Work)
    -------------------------------------
    Previous Devices:
    Treo600
    Samsung i730

good to know . . . I did not have that particular problem when I updated the software.

Administrator
    whenever you update crackberrys its advised to remove the battery for 2 minutes. this is a soft reset and you should get all of your service books updated/installed etc... its also advised to do this every few days to reclaim any old memory that may have not been released...