+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Text Messages

Working from Every Where! slingshot's Avatar

Text Messages

So the Curve 8330 can only send TXT Messages to general phones 160 characters at a time?

Why is that?

I see that when composing a PIN message I can pretty much type until I am blue in the face.
    Regards,

Craig M.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 User (Personal)
    Motorola Black "Q" (Work)
    -------------------------------------
    Previous Devices:
    Treo600
    Samsung i730

As an old person (45), my understanding of text messaging is limited. But I thought that all services limited txt to a small number of characters. I thought it was 165 or so. It's the nature of the service and always has been. It may be that your last phone didn't come right out and say that you were limted.

What the heck is a PIN message? I keep seeing reference to it in the help files, etc. But nothing indicates how it's different than an email or a text message.

Working from Every Where! slingshot's Avatar
    Well, with my Motorola Q I was able to type till I was blue in the face. As I would type I had a 0/160 and then it would give me the count increasing as I typed. So when I hit 160/160 it would switch to 161/320 and then it would say (2 messages).

My friend has a BB (not sure which one) and he can send large messages to me too.

As for a PIN message, each BB user has a pin and you can send a pin message to them with the pin # and I have not had restriction in size.
    Regards,

Craig M.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 User (Personal)
    Motorola Black "Q" (Work)
    -------------------------------------
    Previous Devices:
    Treo600
    Samsung i730