+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Next phone “Storm”? Pricing & intro date!!!

Not sure if you noticed what forum this is, but its for the Samsung i760 and not Crackberries... We try to stick to the 760 here and Windows Mobile. Moderator lock this perhaps?

a.) at least post this in the other thread entitled new phones
    b.) sometimes its best to go right to the source Storm™ by Blackberry®

WOW.....The storm has been mentioned several times here! Give him a break! I will be getting one on the 21st!

Quote Originally Posted by canecbr600 View Post
    WOW.....The storm has been mentioned several times here! Give him a break! I will be getting one on the 21st!
    Thanks!!!!
    2nd time poster.
    didn't mean any harm. I have read a lot about the Storm on this forum and thought I'd pass it along.
    Guess i thought wrong...

Compulsory VZW data plans kind of kill any buzz on new phones for me.
    Brian
    Smart Phones for Dumb People

All BB's require data plans for 30 bucks anyways, but yea i would've like to get the samsung omnia without a data plan

Quote Originally Posted by jayizdaman View Post
    a.) at least post this in the other thread entitled new phones
    b.) sometimes its best to go right to the source Storm™ by Blackberry®

Just WHERE is this post for "new phones"? I looked through the main menu 3 times and couldn't find anything -- I found a section for RIM BlackBerry, but there isn't anything there for the Storm.

When I search the word "Storm" every single thread seems to be right HERE in this forum for Samsung i760.

We're thinking of jumping from our i760 to the Storm next Friday... We're at the 1 year mark so we'd get a $50 renew ever 2 credit, a $50 VIP credit and then a $50 rebate gift card -- makes it pretty reasonable and we haven't been over the moon happy with the i760. No real problems like some have had here, but it could be better.

(p/s I think some people were a bit harsh about this - especially since the search engine brings us here for Storm)
    Last edited by Robin12265; 11-13-2008 at 07:24 PM.

So I am surprised they do not have a BB storm forum, but then again you could always just go to the other two major BB forum websites, nonetheless I said see the thread, thread as in, thread within this forum.

taken from page 1, New verizon magizine with new phones.....
    taken from page 2 New phones coming to Verizon
    And lastly for giggles Latest Verizon Wireless rebate sheet reveals some upcoming handsets : Boy Genius Report
    BB storm is not on there, it gets its own uber cool rebate form.

Was I too harsh? Yes I was not towards the original poster nor you, but merely towards the fact that I want the Omnia or Storm now, my i760 hasn't failed me yet, but it's just not cutting it for me. Don't take it personal, it's the Interwebs.

The Storm seems like it will be a great device! I have delt with WinMo on a few different devices, and WinMo just has some quirks........Every WinMo device I've had has had freeze ups, normally in a call, texting ect.(More issues with my 760 than the others) IMHO, windows devices are trying to make hardware, and software from 500 different companys work/intagrate together. With BB its there hardware...there software! The downside to that is not as many apps, but there are more, and more apps for the BB everyday! I bet within the next few generations of WinMo it will be 1000 times better! But for right now, I don't want to deal with the quirks, or hack the heck out of my phone to make it halfway run! I have been doing a soft reboot every morning, which helps..........I have researched alot, and BB for the most part is rock solid stable! The Storm will be a great device! I am going to give it a shot! I will get one on release!(11/21)

I know i am but what are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by echew View Post
    Not sure if you noticed what forum this is, but its for the Samsung i760 and not Crackberries... We try to stick to the 760 here and Windows Mobile. Moderator lock this perhaps?
    Easy big boy.. If you don't like the thread move along.

The storm is not released, so maybe it's something that the I760 people may consider.
    by the way, next friday is the release date for the storm..

just to anger more of you windows mobile lovers out there. I had the i760 and now i have xv6800, i am thinking about jumping to the storm, i just have a question. With my last 2 deviced i have been using pdanet or usb modem to for tethering and verizon has not caught on to this no matter how much data i download. I am talking 20-30 gigs a month here, no joke!!!!! for over the last year. Has anyone here every used a blackberry with a 3rd pary tethering app? my question is does the blackberry data plan show what you are doing???? cause i dont want to f******* myself by switching data plans.

I know i am but what are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
    just to anger more of you windows mobile lovers out there. I had the i760 and now i have xv6800, i am thinking about jumping to the storm, i just have a question. With my last 2 deviced i have been using pdanet or usb modem to for tethering and verizon has not caught on to this no matter how much data i download. I am talking 20-30 gigs a month here, no joke!!!!! for over the last year. Has anyone here every used a blackberry with a 3rd pary tethering app? my question is does the blackberry data plan show what you are doing???? cause i dont want to f******* myself by switching data plans.
    No anger here, i'm in the same boat as you. I760 to xv6800 and using PDAnet. not 30 gigs though. I'm pissed off at VZW for basically f'ing up their Windows phones. I may jump to BB but right now, i'm probably going to give back the 6800 and try the saga. Certainly post if the PDANET works with the BB.

Hey, the Camera alone almost makes me want to throw the I760 and the xv6800 away as the Curve cam is AWEsOme..

SAGA i am not familiar with that phone. Pdanet will not work with blackberry, there is a program called mobishark that was created just for blackberries. It allows for voice and data at the same time, that alone is a pretty sweet feature. My only fear is switching data plans and getting F******* I have never met anyone that has abused a blackberry like we do our windows mobile phones lol whats wrong with these people????

So I am surprised they do not have a BB storm forum, but then again you could always just go to the other two major BB forum websites, nonetheless I said see the thread, thread as in, thread within this forum.

taken from page 1, New verizon magizine with new phones.....
    taken from page 2 New phones coming to Verizon
    And lastly for giggles Latest Verizon Wireless rebate sheet reveals some upcoming handsets : Boy Genius Report
    BB storm is not on there, it gets its own uber cool rebate form.

Was I too harsh? Yes I was not towards the original poster nor you, but merely towards the fact that I want the Omnia or Storm now, my i760 hasn't failed me yet, but it's just not cutting it for me. Don't take it personal, it's the Interwebs.
    geekologie reader? interwebs is a great term.

who wants a clicky screen when you can have a mushy one that feels like stirring pudding? Go I760!

i think the xv6800 might be the butterscotch of touchscreens. I liked the i760 better.

And since I wanted to take a break from writing about the Large Hadron Collider and Higgs-Boson

Samsung Omnia = december 15th
    Touch Pro = November 14th
    Diamond = Sometime in January

Verizon Tech Tour - Fall and winter lineup (Phone Arena)

Quote Originally Posted by klipsch2345 View Post
    geekologie reader? interwebs is a great term.

who wants a clicky screen when you can have a mushy one that feels like stirring pudding? Go I760!
    How do I get into the interwebs? lol

but that aside, I will have to play with the storm to see if I will really like that screen, I bought the i760 through b2c and wasn't disappointed but the resistive touchscreen, hasn't been a selling point. That being said, I want the Omnia and it's capacitive I.E. G1, Iphone like touch screen goodness.

For those of us that do get the storm anyone up for getting the blackberry forum up and running? i am so used to hacking windows mobile i am going to miss hacking something.

And since I wanted to take a break from writing about the Large Hadron Collider and Higgs-Boson

Samsung Omnia = december 15th
    Touch Pro = November 14th
    Diamond = Sometime in January

Verizon Tech Tour - Fall and winter lineup (Phone Arena)

Its the 14th, and the SAGA is on the website, but NO Touch Pro???????????????????????????????????????????????????