+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BB Applications

BB Applications

Wow been a while since I was last on this forum, I just got ride of my 3G iPhone and bought a Storm today, I'm curious, whats the best place for apps & free apps for the BB Storm?

Thanks in advance.

crackberry.com has the most BB stuff.

Speaking of Applications - I loaded viigo and the section I was looking for is "Coming Soon" Podcasts... What is the best app on the BB for Pod's?

i really dont do anything with podcasts so i unfortunately am not the best person to ask!

Yep - me neither until I stumbled upon a few good ones by WSJ writers... Like Audible but Free! I'll do a search on the other site to see what they have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Miata492 View Post
    crackberry.com has the most BB stuff.
    Thanks for the the link! I bought a blackberry storm as my 2nd cell phone. I'm liking it just as much as my samsung i760.

glad to hear it! enjoy the storm!

I jumped from my I760 in December and I have been loving it ever since. the one thing I truly miss (and it's almost worth going back) is Windows Live Search. Verizon's Navigator application is not worth the 9.95 that they charge for it and Blackberry's app is sub par at best. I wonder if anyone has figured out a work around for allowing other GPS software access to the Storm GPS. When will Verizon wake up and open up the Storm's API?

After using the Storm for the past two weeks so far so good... Had some major issues with .99 beta but .90 is working as advertised. I still duel weild with my I760 for apps that are not available on the 9530 (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by darwinjf View Post
    I jumped from my I760 in December and I have been loving it ever since. the one thing I truly miss (and it's almost worth going back) is Windows Live Search. Verizon's Navigator application is not worth the 9.95 that they charge for it and Blackberry's app is sub par at best. I wonder if anyone has figured out a work around for allowing other GPS software access to the Storm GPS. When will Verizon wake up and open up the Storm's API?
    the gps in the storm works with everything/anything EXCEPT google maps. it is something the the API in google maps (not VZW blocking it) i guess and there is no quick fix in sight. WLS will be here for the storm sometime soon. VZW struck up a deal with MS to be the search provider for all their pda phones. WLS is an awesome program that i miss alot but we will have it soon! i have tried the gps in the storm with many things and it works perfectly except with google...

Quote Originally Posted by bobjamision View Post
    After using the Storm for the past two weeks so far so good... Had some major issues with .99 beta but .90 is working as advertised. I still duel weild with my I760 for apps that are not available on the 9530 (yet).
    glad to hear the update! 99 is working perfect for me. it is funny how the OS's work perfect for some people and not others. i loaded 99 for someone and it was awful (put them back to 90) and loaded 99 on 4 others and it is perfect... strange...

speaking of apps, has gthe bb app store opened yet?
    John 3:16 is more than a sign between the goal posts.

go to mobile.blackberry.com on your storm and download the new BB AppWorld! works real nice, just need a paypal account to buy paid apps. there are a lot of cool free ones on there too.

excellent...thanks
    John 3:16 is more than a sign between the goal posts.