+ Reply to Thread

Syncing Storm to Mac Without Issue?

I'm picking up my Storm tomorrow... so a question in advance; what's the best app for syncing EVERYTHING mac without issue? iCal, Mail, ToDo's, Notes... the works! Verizon tells me Pocket Mac, but I've read through tons of issues.

Furthermore... I'm coming from an XV6600 where all the above is synced to Outlook on an old, crummy PC. What's the best way to transfer my life to the Mac apps?

im not too sure on mac stuff but here are some links from the crackberry.com storm/9530 forums:

How to do Wireless syncing for Storm on a mac - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

and

Missing Sync vs PocketMac for Mac users - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

i am pretty sure some sort of mac sync sofware comes on the BB DM disc that comes with your Storm.

i would keep that old PC around to do your OS upgrades, etc. also, you could install DM on your PC and sync one time with it to get all your Outlook info then sync it all to your mac.

I can tell from my personal experience that PocketMac does work and has been working for me without issue. I can also say that I have MissingSync 1.0.3 and it worked for native OS X apps but I had a lot of issues with Entourage 2008.

Now I am running MissingSync 2.0.0 which now includes more mutlimedia sync features along with Bluetooth proximity sync which is cool, but I am having issues getting it to sync. I feel its a permissions issue and I have a trouble ticket into support for this.
    My PDA & SmartPhone History: Palm Vx; M505;TungstenT; NX60; iPaq 1910; I700; Treo 600; hx4700; MPx220; hw6515, Treo 700w, XV6700,, Treo 700p, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9h, BlackBerry 8310 & BlackBerry 8820, BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Storm 9530; Droid Incredible; iPhone4; Samsung Captivate; Samsung Fascinate; Droid X, Droid2 Global, Droid X; Droid Incredible. Funny how the familiar is where you end up in the end.

BT proximity sync? sounds very cool!