+ Reply to Thread

I don't get Verizon with this new BOGO Storm offer?

Hey everyone. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the Storm but I'm waiting for some OS updates and possibly a price drop.

Well today they started the offer of buy one get one (BOGO) for the Storm and other BB's. What the heck?!?!?

I would rather have them drop the price of the phone. Why do I need 2 Blackberries (and both have to be activated!). I wouldn't mind if I could keep one as a spare but I don't have much of a need for the second phone and pay for add'l service if I''m not going to need it - what a waste.

I guess I'll keep my eyes open. Not sure if I can find a buddy who wants to go halves on this offer (not even sure if you have to activate on the same account or what?).

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Jay
    If it ain't broke. . . break it!!

amazon has it for $99 right now so maybe you can go that route. pretty sure you have to activate the free one on your acct. get it and load the latest beta OS and you will love it. the plazmic cdk got unofficially released today so people are starting to make themes today.

You don't have to buy two storms you can opt for just one. What they are offering is an enticement to pick up a second for family, small business etc. Major corp customers have their own back end deals.

There are a number of beta OS's out there and I am currently running 4.7.0.99 and it has been stable for me. Improved speed, full qwerty keyboard in portrait mode. Currently we are up to 4.7.0.106 and counting.
    My PDA & SmartPhone History: Palm Vx; M505;TungstenT; NX60; iPaq 1910; I700; Treo 600; hx4700; MPx220; hw6515, Treo 700w, XV6700,, Treo 700p, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9h, BlackBerry 8310 & BlackBerry 8820, BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Storm 9530; Droid Incredible; iPhone4; Samsung Captivate; Samsung Fascinate; Droid X, Droid2 Global, Droid X; Droid Incredible. Funny how the familiar is where you end up in the end.

great to see you here ppcmd! i am running .103 and it is the best beta i have run so far (i have run them all). i have not run any of the hybrid os's out there yet.

So if you only buy one do you get it for half off? That was what I didn't understand.

Thx!

Jay
    If it ain't broke. . . break it!!

where do you get these beta OS?
    John 3:16 is more than a sign between the goal posts.

Crackberry.com and the their forums is where I grab all that stuff. They have a dedicated Storm beta OS forum with everything you need.

Update on the sale, purchased on May 8th 2009:

It seems to still be going on. In fact, the Verizon store near us let us pick out ANY phone equal or lesser in value. It was my daughter's birthday, so I let her pick out a phone of her choice. Since the BB Storm I got was the most expensive phone in the store she could get anything. Not a bad deal really.
    i760>BB Storm