+ Reply to Thread

Sound Profiles and the Mute button in a holster

So, I have a holster for my storm. My wife has a hard shell case. The phone recognizes when it is in a holster and when it is not. When in the holster, if you tep the mute button on the upper right hand corner, it automatically switches the sound profile to vibrate. It does not do this out of the holster or in her hard shell case, only in the holster. I dont even use that profile when I put it in vibrate mode, I use a custom vibrate profile. But it always switches to that base vibrate profile if you even so much as brush that button while it is in the holster. I love the holster but I need to fix this? Anyone have any ideas how to customize the mute button or change this from happening? Also, is there a way to change/delete the preset sound profiles? Thanks all!!
    John 3:16 is more than a sign between the goal posts.

anyone...please?

hey yawn, i have not needed to mess with the profiles too much and i am really not sure how to or if you can customize the mute button. it is funny, i never have a problem with the mute button in my holster but a freind of mine does. i would have thought that it would use your custom vibrate profile. i will see if i can dig up anything on it.

ty so much lou...I have come up quite blank in my searches on this!

BlackBerry Junky
    Yawn,

Are you sure it's switching when you hit the mute button?

The holster has a magnetic strip in it that recognizes the device and automatically puts it into sleep mode.

If you go to Profiles > Set Ring Tones/Alerts and click on Phone.

The third option down is "Sound in Holster" click to set that as you want it. Down a bit further is Vibration.

Click on that and you have the option of Off, On, In Holster Only and Custom.

In that group of options you can set your Device to function differently in and out of the holster without the need to click a button to set up your Profile differently.

Hope that helped.
    **Akakios**

Self proclaimed BlackBerry junkie and theme developer.

www.BlackLightThemes.com for free Themes, Ring Tones and Wallpapers for your BlackBerry!
    We're giving away a free BlackBerry of the winners choice! Drawing May 31st

welcome to pdaphonehome akakios! thanks for that info! i will be checking out your themes - thanks for the link!

The storm is fine in the holster until I hit the mute button and then it switches to the default vibrate mode... I hate that mode and created my own vibrate mode. It rings fine, but every now and again, I hit that mute button and away it goes... this is my second storm and it still does it. Welcome to the site ak and thanks all for the help!