+ Reply to Thread

My almost unpushable screen

It might be that I got a bad apple, but has anyone else had their screen pushabiulity diminish. My wife and I both got storms through the bogo and mine seemed like it was getting more difficult... Itried hers and in cmparison mine is intolerable! Any thoughts guys?
    John 3:16 is more than a sign between the goal posts.

sounds like a lemon....plain and simple. see if they will replace it? Do you have the insurance? If not, you should. Well worth it.

I do have insurance... I am even still within my 30 day trial. I took it down to the Verizon store and the lady told me to use it more and that would help. I told her it is getting worse not better and she said thats wierd, come back in a week if it doesnt get better. I was quite upset. I still kind of am... because I agree it sounds quite lemonish!

i just had mine replaced because of the screen. just call CS and they will send you a new one no questions asked. my new one clicks like a champ except i think it has a bad microphone on the phone - people say they cant understand me as it is all muffled, but they can here me perfectly on my bt headset so it looks like another replacement will be coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by yawn View Post
    I do have insurance... I am even still within my 30 day trial. I took it down to the Verizon store and the lady told me to use it more and that would help. I told her it is getting worse not better and she said thats wierd, come back in a week if it doesnt get better. I was quite upset. I still kind of am... because I agree it sounds quite lemonish!
    BS! dont take that crap! Electronics dont just decide to work better after some time. What a moronic thing for her to say. Ask for a manager and make a scene if necessary. When he/she walks over raise your voice slightly and say "I am not happy with the service I am getting". Hopefully when the store is crowded. AND DO NOT settle for a refurbished unit. You want a brand new one in a box. If they refuse take advantage of your return policy and return it and then buy another one.

yeah, you do not need to use your insurance for this - it is under warranty. mine was brand new when it came. also, my first one was made in mexico, my replacement was made in canada. not sure if that really makes a difference or not...

First off... that is how I felt Proxis... as mad as you wrote about. I knew it was crap but she wasnt listening. She did tip me off to something tho... It was a Friday afternoon when I went in... they have their meetings friday morning beforew they open so most ofthe workers are tired and cranky come the afternoon, so I am going to try Tomorrow around noonish and see if that helps. I had no intention of not going back, but I was thinking that if I played ball the first time through, the line that this is now my second time in here in less than a week my begin to evoke som help. Will keep you guys posted.... as of now, I have almost no space bar abilities on my phone because the screen wont push down.

Lou, you brought up an intersting point. I have lawyas have good response from the vzw phone people... but the in store people seem to be, well just bad! I just want to know if she really thought I was buying her mess. Although yiou should have seen her face when I informed her I ws still in my 30 days, that vhange her demeanor at least. Anyway, I think got hosed and I will keep you posted as to how this saga turns out. I am gathering by the responses that this Screen unlickability is not a common issue.
    thanks

never, and i mean never, use a store for a replacement! always a CS rep on the phone. they are always super helpful and if you get one you are not clicking with just hang up and get another rep! i just got my 3rd Storm - my replacement for the bad screen had a bad mic on it (everything was muffled/distorted for people on the other end) and i could only talk via my BT headset! the 3rd one is the charm though! the screen really clicks PERFECT and running the 114 hybrid v2 on it kicks butt!!! what a great pdaphone experience!

Hey Lou,

114v3 is yet an improvement and easy to do. Less mem loss.

Mike

BlackBerry Junky
    I know this sounds a little crazy, but this is a quick work around until you get your replacement.

I had the same issue on my first 2 Storms (yes, I've replaced them and am on my 3rd!).
    Take a business card or card stock and cut it out to about half of the size of your battery.
    Place it under your battery and toward the contact end of it, then replace your battery cover.

Your screen should click much much easier now. It's not a fire hazard so no worries, but still get a replacement. That should make your life easier though until you get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Proxis View Post
    Hey Lou,

114v3 is yet an improvement and easy to do. Less mem loss.

Mike
    i may just have to try v3 - v2 has been so good to me that i havent felt like doing another OS load! i have loaded v2 on about 10 storms for people now and they are wicked happy, especially the ones that cam from .75!

Quote Originally Posted by Akakios View Post
    I know this sounds a little crazy, but this is a quick work around until you get your replacement.

I had the same issue on my first 2 Storms (yes, I've replaced them and am on my 3rd!).
    Take a business card or card stock and cut it out to about half of the size of your battery.
    Place it under your battery and toward the contact end of it, then replace your battery cover.

Your screen should click much much easier now. It's not a fire hazard so no worries, but still get a replacement. That should make your life easier though until you get it!
    yeah, i use the round thin brown felt trick for mine and it works great. but my 1st storm just never clicked great anyways so i went for the replacement.

Lou, I have learned my lesson, call CS from now on. They did replace my storm, I got a store rep that was good but she was right next to the store rep that wasnt... awkward.. Man, I love my phone again!!! Could any thin material work like the felt or business card?
    thanks guys

glad to hear you are good again - it is an awesome phone when it is working right!

im sure anything like that will work, but i have definitely found the felt works the best. right now though, i dont need anything as my screen click really well!