+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storm question

Storm question

Quick question, I see the storm has a function for 'tasks', I looked at a larger photo of the main screen and I don't see 'tasks' as a main icon, can it be set to that for quick access? I use that a lot on my windows phone and it's right there under the start menu, hoping the storm lets you also put the 'tasks' icon on the main screen for a quick press and view?

Thanks

anyone have the storm can tell me? thanks

This forum must be almost dead, I've posted three threads with question and have received ZERO responses!

Are there any other forums out there where a person can get an answer to a question?

Price?
    Storm question
    background color & fonts

Yes, it can be moved to the main screen... the main screeen takes simly the first two rows of icons! i love my storm!
    John 3:16 is more than a sign between the goal posts.

just like yawn said, the icon can be moved to your main homescreen for quick access.

and...
    to answer your question about this forum and blackberries... unfotunately there is not a big BB community hanging out on PDAPh. Crackberry.com is the biggest and I also have been spending time on blackberryos.com - there are some great people on there and some sick hybrid OS's coming from there.

i also would have tried to answer you quicker but i am on vacation and trying not to spend any time on the forums!!!

no problem, thanks for the answers!

So you guys do like your storms then? I really want one bad!

get a Storm2 now... huge improvement over the Storm 1!
    I love my Storm2 (and I loved my Storm 1 too!)

I heard that storm 2 comes in two versions 9520 and 9550.Is it true.Which one is better?
    Thanks.

What do you like so much more about the Storm 2... Storm one has the official upgrade to os 5, which is the same as storm 2. Love the new OS, and would love more app space and wifi, but not worth spending money over. so whats your take?
    John 3:16 is more than a sign between the goal posts.

The screen is a HUGE improvement. Totally different experience typing now, especially with the latest leaked OS (.42. Yes, the piezo electric buttons under the glass and the way they work/click/feel is controlled by the OS. After installing the leaked OS I was shocked by how different the screen felt, it was amazing. I can type extremely fast with no mistakes. A physical qwerty feels so foreign to me now and using a touchscreen without click feels weird! I am happy with the WiFi as I get lousy cell signal at home. The extra memory is awesome - never run out of room now with lots of apps installed and NO memory leaks, none. With my Storm1, once I dropped below 20mb memory the phone definitely slowed up. Now, I am never below 120mb and that is with a bunch of apps installed! Sure, the 16gb card is overkill for me but it is nice. I think the S2 is worth the money if you can get it for the upgrade price but not full retail. I was lucky and got it as a replacement (see other thread).

Quote Originally Posted by waqyum View Post
    I heard that storm 2 comes in two versions 9520 and 9550.Is it true.Which one is better?
    Thanks.
    9550 is CDMA/GSM on Verizon here in the US, the 9520 is GSM for Europe