+ Reply to Thread

How to check tmobile email using microsoft outlook

How do you guys check your T-mobile e-mail on your HTC Wizard using Microsoft Outlook? I am trying to find out the incoming and outgoing server names, but I cannot find them anywhere. Even the customer support at T-mobile cannot answer this question.

Thanks.
    gmdphd

How sad that that TMO could not help you. You can also find all the setup instructions on the TMo website, but here are some details...assuming you have already setup your email accounts on the TMO website.

The pop/smtp servers are myemail.t-mobile.com. Your login and password are your phone number plus a number. For example, if you have two email accounts setup, one would be nnnnnnnnnn:1 and the other would be nnnnnnnnnn:2. The password is whatever you made it.

That is how to set it up using the TMO email. I find this works best since my accounts are not very happy to send mail using their smtp if I am not connected to them directly.

You can also setup accounts directly using their settings.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Thanks for the tips, but I still cannot get it to work. Let me just say, that I am graduating from a color Sidekick to a Sprint PPC 6700. I figured I would post in this forum since some HTC Wizard users probably use T-mobile.

Anyways, I tried using myemail.t-mobile.com and I still cannot connect to the mail server. I only have one T-mobile number/account. Do I still have to add the ":1" at the end of my cell number or can I just put the 10 digit cell number as the user name.

Is T-mobile a POP3 or IMAP server?
    gmdphd

After you have registered your e-mail account at www.t-mobile.com, you will be setting up a POP3 account on your PPC for the T-Mobile server.

Since you just want to set up one account, your User Name must be your 10-digit cell-phone number with T-Mobile followed by a colon and 1: xxxxxxxxxx:1.

Your Account type is POP3.

Both your incoming and outgoing mail addresses should be:

myemail.t-mobile.com

Leave the Doman-field empty.

Under Options make sure the Connection-field shows "The Internet" and that you check the box that says "outgoing e-mail requires authentication", but leave the box for "Require SSL connection" unchecked.

Good Luck!

I'm still having trouble retrieving email from my t-mobile account using my ppc6700. Everytime I try it, the user info screen keeps popping up, as if to say my user name or password is wrong. I entered my cell number for the user name as nnnnnnnnnn:1. I entered my password. I left the domain field empty. I selected the POP3 setting. I entered myemail.t-mobile.com for the incoming and outgoing servers.
    Whenever I ty to check my email, I keep getting a prompt for a user name and password, even though the fields are already filled in.

what is the link for the tmobile settings for email checking from different programs?

My tmobile account is almost 3 years old. I remember a time when we actually HAD USER NAMES, but I guess they have replaced this with the cell number now...

Any help would be appreciated.
    gmdphd

I did some more research... Do I have to subscribe to t-zones or T-mobile Wireless internet to be able to download e-mail from my tmobile account to Outlook on my desktop? Does subscribing to these services give me POP3 access to my t-mobile e-mail account?

(In the past, I usually just used my Sidekick or the web-based e-mail to check my e-mail. )
    gmdphd

To the best of my knowledge: yes, you have to choose a T-Mobile Wireless Internet plan, in order to access your e-mail or to surf the web.

And here's some very bad news: if you aren't already on their old unlimited data plan for $29.99/month (including 300 free text messages and a-la-carte phone calls for $0.20/minute), they are now charging $49.99 for the same plan:

http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/default.asp?tab=internet
    Last edited by David Couch; 12-13-2005 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyxlc View Post
    How sad that that TMO could not help you. You can also find all the setup instructions on the TMo website, but here are some details...assuming you have already setup your email accounts on the TMO website.

The pop/smtp servers are myemail.t-mobile.com. Your login and password are your phone number plus a number. For example, if you have two email accounts setup, one would be nnnnnnnnnn:1 and the other would be nnnnnnnnnn:2. The password is whatever you made it.

That is how to set it up using the TMO email. I find this works best since my accounts are not very happy to send mail using their smtp if I am not connected to them directly.

You can also setup accounts directly using their settings.

Wow, and all without even using a server address to link up to? Amazing.