+ Reply to Thread

EDGE/ GPRS + Media Net

OK gang -

Did the ROM 2.25 upgrade, and the 8125 really seems to zip along much better now.

But I think I lost my Media Net, GPRS settings and EDGE settings in the ROM upgrade. Also, I lost my MMS message section in the Text Messaging program.

I set up the ISP and Work GPRS settings according to this link:
    cingular Edge vs GPRS

and this works fine but I lost my ISP connect... My Wifi and Bluetooth connections work fine (used Skype for PPC just fine and my BT headset works OK), but I want to make sure I have an EDGE connection and the Media Net if it's necessary (is it?). I don't think I really use Media Net for anything, I prefer to EDGE/ GPRS if I'm not hooked into a Wifi for my 8125.

Now how do I get MMS to appear under the Text Messaging program/ button? I can see teh MMS Configuration, but I can't get the MMS section on teh Text Messaging program...

TIA!

Scott
    Last edited by mcracr; 06-28-2006 at 04:03 PM.

called Cingular Tech - they weren't sure happened but we did a Master Reset and that restored all the GPRS and MMS settings. It's the Start --> Settings --> System --> Clear Storage program. This wipes your data and resets to the manufacturer default, so back up your data first and remove any storage card just in case.

That got me MMS back and the GPRS settings - no Media Net but we don't need that on the PPC phones anyway. EDGE service works great - just go in and set it to default to the GPRS setting always. Then set up a new sync w/ your PC/ laptop and load up any programs you have and you're ready to rock and roll!

Scott