+ Reply to Thread

using MDA to access Internet via USB and not BT

Okay this sounds like a noob question but here goes...

I can get this thing to do almost everything that I have tried (yay!). And that includes using it as a Bluetooth modem for connecting my laptop to the internet using GPRS when no WifI connection is available (in fact that is how I am connected as I write this). But...

If I have the MDA already connected to the laptop to sync or install apps, I figured it would be good in those cases just to connect to the Internet using that USB connection (rather than initiate a BT connection and have the unit managing two separate connections to the same laptop).

So..... how do I do this? I have not found any good instructions on how to do this for the MDA. I found something for the SDA but it does not seem to apply for the MDA.

-Rick

You mean that no one has ever tried to do this? I am a Bluetooth enthusiast so most of the time I connect my laptop to EDGE via BT. But I figure there has to be a way to do the same thing while connected via the USB adapter (like in the event I forget to bring my BT Adapter for my laptop).

Any way for me to do this?

-Rick

I've done it, and it works perfectly. Instructions are here:

http://www.pdagold.com/articles/detail.asp?a=269

Don