+ Reply to Thread

headset and sync question

Two questions for you experienced users...

I have 8125 (Cingular) that I am using for video and mp3 playback. The headset that came with the phone works, but 2 different headsets (2 earpieces and a mike pickup with the same size jack as factory) I bought do not. They work fine when plugged into the computer (with the adapter) but when used in the phone, I get right audio only (have not tested mic). Does the 8125 use "nonstandard" headsets or have I just had back luck on 2 new sets? Both had the same behavior.

Can I use a usb headset? Any luck with those?

BTW, the BTaudio works great and I can use the bluetooth bug to listen both channels in one ear. I would prefer not to buy a bluetooth headset, too expensive.

Second question...

The company email system (exchange) has a public list with all my company's phone numbers and empoyees phone numbers. Is there a way to get the 8125 to automatically synch with two phone lists? One is my regular contact list and the other is a public list. I know I can copy the public into my personal, but by doing that I don't get deletes and it's a pain to administer. Is there a tool that lets one manage this process automatically or a setting that will do it?

{edit} BTW I use a cable to sync up. I do not have bluetooth on the laptop and I do not use wireless synching or email to the phone.

Thanks for your help. It's a nice little phone and I have enjoyed it to start with.
    Last edited by jlutin; 10-16-2006 at 02:37 PM.

As to the first...there is an actual earpiece that you can put in both ears and has a mic attached to it. I believe they call it stereo earpiece.

As to the later question, when you launch your Contacts go to Menu---Find Online, now you should be able to find the people in the public directory. Alternativley you can use an application called GAL...

Quote Originally Posted by lvlolvlo
    As to the first...there is an actual earpiece that you can put in both ears and has a mic attached to it. I believe they call it stereo earpiece.
    Both the headsets I tried were stereo and worked fine out of the PC jack. They didn't work on the 8125.

As to the later question, when you launch your Contacts go to Menu---Find Online, now you should be able to find the people in the public directory. Alternativley you can use an application called GAL...
    Thanks, I think that is what I was looking for.

no no my friend they're not PC headphone's they're specifically designed for cell phones.

a quick google search yielded this:

http://www.gothandsfree.com/Cellular...EY0003301.html