+ Reply to Thread

Incorrect 'unread message count' on Today Screen for Text Messages

Has any experienced a problem with their MDA or Wing where the "unread message count' for their Text Messages will not reset back to Zero? I have had this occur on both my MDA and now on my Wing as well.

I have nothing in my text message inbox/outbox/drafts/etc. I am pretty sure this is because the counts are kept in one of the internal databases within WM5/WM6 but I do not know how to reset that database. You are not allowed to 'delete' that mailbox so that's out.

Is there a procedure (other than the dreaded hard reset) or program that I can run to reset that count? I am trying to avoid reinstalling all my apps just for this little annoyance. I just hate seeing that message on my Today Screen saying I have '1 unread message' when I know there is nothing there.

Thanks in advance!

mobile is my middle name mightymission's Avatar
    Outside of a hard reset there is no way to get rid of it. I've got two now. A MMS that showed up last fall and a SMS that showed up this summer and neither will open. Just haven't had the time to do a backup/hard reset/re load.
    The "i" is intended for the EMEA market.
    Actually, I suspect that some villain plotting to conquer the world has created a random letter generator that attaches meaningless alphabetical appendages to product names, forcing us all to spend time trying to figure out what they mean. The corresponding loss in productivity will lead to the collapse of western economies and allow the evil genius to dominate the globe.