• iPhone Alarm Clock - A New Bug for the New Year

iphone clockRemember when the Daylight Savings Time change left all of us iPhone users with alarms that didn't work? Well if you are like me, then you woke up this morning to find out that your trusty alarm clock let you down again. Its kind of mind boggling that we are having problems with a clock in 2011. Clocks and Daylight Savings Time have been around for a long time and have rarely been the cause for concern in recent times, but this seems to be the achilles heel for Apple lately. Thankfully, I wasn't off to catch a plane or anything this morning or I would have been quite annoyed.

So I guess the question is, now that we have the problem, how do we fix it? I don't think we will be seeing a patch from Apple on this one, because according to recent reports from Cupertino, the problem with iOS 4.2.1 will correct itself on 1/3/2011. Its also reported that this problem only occurs for "one off" alarms, and recurring alarms aren't affected. So in the interim, setting up a recurring alarm should solve the problem. You have to chuckle at that because the Daylight Savings Time problem in November only affected recurring alarms.

Come on Apple... you can do better than this.