+ Reply to Thread
    I've been a member of the Nikon Professional club for some time and received the latest club mag, which had an 8 page article on the D200 and a competition offering a full D200 package (lenses, spare battery, case, tripod, top notch flash, the works) and of course I entered but didn't win. The specification looks very respectable and I intend to add one to my collection once the price starts to drop (6-8 months down the line) unless I can get a good offer for my old Fuji S1 Pro to bolster my funds.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    The D200 is a very impressive camera. If I had not jumped to Canon last year, I'd definitely be adding a couple of these to my photography kit. Nikon has struck a good balance between professional features and price to make this a camera that could serve many markets. Canon still seems to be aiming to break up the market into more segments and offering more different cameras to serve those markets. Competition is good and I think a lot of people are anxious to see what Canon announces in a couple of weeks at PMA.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Its going to be tough finding a plethera of D200s for some time... I know the local stores to Convergent and I havent had any to speak of yet for the shelves... all of them have been pre-sold... my girlfriend is also looking to buy a new primary shooter... and put her D70 back as a backup...

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Yep, the D200 is pretty hard to find in stock anywhere. I'm going to a conference tomorrow that I hope to be able to play with one a bit. I will be surprised if they don't have one there.
    Mike - Been Converged?