+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Double Rainbow

Double Rainbow

This was taken back before I got any of my SLR cameras, in fact this was taken with a 2 MP Kodak point and shoot (Kodak DC280, my first camera). I was driving home from Bloomington, Indiana and happen to look out my window and see this double rainbow. Really there were three, but you could barely see the third one, and it didn't come out in my picture. I was lucky to have my camera, as back then I normally didn't carry one (now I always have my Canon S400 at least), plus this was taken with me still in the car, basically holding my camera out the window. Taken in 2001.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Double Rainbow-dcp_1081-medium-.jpg  

Making my night go by much faster...keep 'em coming... another really nice pic....
    TRJ Photography
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon User:1DMII/20D/10D(IR)/1nRS/Pro-1/Some L Glass

Wish you could just come here and look. I have around 200,000 photos on my computer, and I am going through finding ones that are the best and worthwhile to post.

I know the feeling... my gf and I actually have a side business doing some photo work... I am almost afraid to see how many shots between us we have taken... but we had to get a new 200gb external drive to move them over from the primary drive to have some room...
    TRJ Photography

I have a little over 4 TB of storage space between my main computer and the external drives. I just bought two new 400 GB drives to replace two 120 GB drives that just weren't holding enough (still have the 120s in service).

I have about 8 external drives I think, some connected to the network, other's directly to my PC. About 1 TB is just used for backup, and that's not to mention the two 300 GB drives in my lock box that have backup files on them...

Ouch...lol
    TRJ Photography

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    I finally bought an external network storage device, with a mirrored backup in a second device. I was always procrastinating making backups of my pictures which is dangerous. I ended up reading an article about some of the large press organizations and how they were dealing with it... that led me to go this route. I got a SimpleTech unit at Circuit City on sale, initially just the network storage. I was so impressed with how easily it worked, and after reading the documentation, I went back and got a USB attached mirror. You hang it off the Network attached one. I just plugged it in, and went into the configuration and added the drive to the pool as a mirror... a few hours later it was mirrored. Peace of mind is a wonderful thing.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Not sure how it would act with large amounts of data like you are discussing, but Microsoft just bought this company that makes a great product. www.foldershare.com
    You can keep the same data on several PCs and it syncs automatically over the Internet or LAN. It's smart enough to sense the difference. I use it for my smaller amount of essential data.

My Pics get archived to CD on a regular basis and are rapidly filling up my external HD as well.